Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

anyone buy stuff from tsp in canada

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone buy stuff from tsp in canada

anybody buy head and cam package frt texas speed in canada. did you get jammed on duty brokerage ect. planning on buying a ms4 and set of prc head from them dont know if i will get jammed with a big duty fee when it gets here. can i get prc heads from someone in canada. the heads are made in usa so there shouldent be ant duty on usa made parts. is there a way to make shure i dont get jammed before shippping it. they will only ship ups. i just dont think its worth it if a big duty bill thaks.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure where you are but I often order performance parts from the states, On the more expensive or the heaver shipments I have the company or the seller, Ship it to a ware house just over the border. You will save a bunch of money on shipping and brokerage fees.

heres who I use.http://www.manta.com/c/mmn0ntz/cache-border-service
Old 03-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oddly enough there is no duty, BUT you will have to pay PST, GST, or HST depending on where you live. If the goods are being shipped by United Parcel Smashers they will screw you over with their "brokerage fees".

Ken
Old 03-03-2011, 09:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im in mississauga ont. you just call that guy and get it shipped there and they hold it. then you go get it. and how you get it past boarder. just tell them its used parts.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

UPS seems to have their own "brokerage fees", usually seems to be at least 30%. I'd ask them to ship it as a gift, that sometimes works. Or the declared value as next to nothing.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a link to the UPS brokerage fee chart http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html. On top of that you will pay tax on the parts. If made in the US there will be no duty. Sometimes getting it shipped Expedited is cheaper because brokerage is included in the shipping cost. Figure it out before you buy and if you're still saving money who gives a **** if UPS gets some of your money.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Launching!

I bought some stuff from Strano last year (Probably like 500-600 USD) and the parts were shipped to Pearson Int. and I went down to the airport and did a self clearance. No brokerage fees, just paid HST, which was around 80-90 bucks I believe. Plus 10-15 dollars in gas to get to the airport, but that was water under the bridge.. BTW the parts from Strano were shipped through DB Schenker.

It was my first time doing a self clearance and seemed to be a PITA, but I would definietely do it again now.

Quick Reply: anyone buy stuff from tsp in canada