Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Dyno Tuning Places in ontario ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Tuning Places in ontario ???

hey new to this forum and hope to get alot from it. i drive a 1958 chevrolet biscayne and am currently building the motor on it . its a sbc 350 from later model camaro , its got a edelbroke performer intake , carter afb comp series 750 carb , headers , exhaust , electric fan , alumium rad , all alumium pulleys with new acc other than alt . in the works im buying a msd pro distrubitor and ignition box , its got taylor wires , good plugs , synthetic oil , 700 r 4 tranny corvette internals shift kit . basically wut im wondering if there are any places in ontario pref . closer durham as i am from uxbridge . so whitby , uxbridge , port perry , oshawa , pickering , lindsay just someplace not 4 hrs away that does tuning and dyno runs to get alittle more power out of the engine and maybe put in a nice cam for me and make some more simple easy power gain adders options . also a price on what it would cost would be nice.

thats my buidling block old picture
Old 03-18-2013, 02:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in Whitby and plan on taking my '02 SS to Champion Motors @ Victoria Park Ave & O'Connor Dr in North York to get a dyno tune after some mods....probably about 30-40 minute drive for you...There's a couple other places I know about in the area but I'm taking it there because I know they do lots of dyno-tuning and specialize in LS motors....
In your case, since you're carbureted, a dyno-tune might not be 100% necessary, as it'll probably run you at least $400, and they'll have to drill into your headers to install O2 sensors to read the A/F ratio...probably would be a better option to take it to a good hot rod tuner and he'll charge you like a couple hours max to set it up, so $200 or less + parts if needed...there's a bunch of places in the area for that...one I know of is Nino @ Autoboyz in Pickering, down near the lake, look it up...he rebuilt a carb for me and eveytime I went to his shop, he would have a different muscle car sitting in his shop getting work done...can't tell you how quickly he'll do it for you though, he's a busy guy, give him a call

Good luck,
Alex
Old 03-18-2013, 04:15 PM

ya that would work for me forgot to mention i also am hooking up a msd Air/Fuel Ratio thing its got an led tells rich or lean etc , like o2 . i was just hoping on getting some hp ratings at the same time as someone who knows wud there doing fine tuning it abit to get most hp outa the motor
Old 03-18-2013, 08:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cockerchrisjoe
ya that would work for me forgot to mention i also am hooking up a msd Air/Fuel Ratio thing its got an led tells rich or lean etc , like o2 . i was just hoping on getting some hp ratings at the same time as someone who knows wud there doing fine tuning it abit to get most hp outa the motor
Yes we can tune your carb. motor on our dyno to give before and after results.
Rob.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rob@ChampionMotors
Yes we can tune your carb. motor on our dyno to give before and after results.
Rob.
what kind of cash would i be into on something like that
Old 03-19-2013, 04:23 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cockerchrisjoe
what kind of cash would i be into on something like that
Is it a holley carb? Please pm or call us.
Rob

Quick Reply: Dyno Tuning Places in ontario ???