Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Good exhaust place in southern ontario?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 09:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good exhaust place in southern ontario?

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a new custom system on my 08 GXP that's not too expensive. I got my truck done at a guy near Sarnia who does great work but really only has flowmaster knock offs for mufflers and doesn't do mandrel bending. Although this is perfectly fine for my truck I want some more power for my car. Not to say I don't want crush bend if it saves me money but if I can get a cheaper mandrel bend custom system i'd take it. The magnaflow cat-back is just too much and it doesn't come with the highflow cat which I need. I got true duals,2 high-flow cats and 2 mufflers on my truck for the same price as the magnaflow cat-back for these cars lol. I've already contacted budget exhaust in burlington but I'm wondering if anybody knows of any good place in the London area or the stretch between London and Windsor since I am actually from between London and Sarnia.

Thanks.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Launching!

Well you have already contacted what would have been my suggestion. The guys at Budget here are good at what they do. I live about 5 mins from the shop in Burlington myself. I put a Vortech V-9 G Trim on my Grand Am and they built the little pieces I needed no problem. I designed a couple of intake parts and from drawings I rendered they made them spot on, could not have been more exact to what I needed. Install was flawless thanks to them.

Last edited by MMWS6; 04-03-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

We have a local guy in the Windsor area who does incredible work. I highly recommend him. Let me know and I can PM you contact info.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Launching!

because of easter weekend, budget hasn't got back to me yet. Just because i'm impatient...lol what do you figure as 3" downpipe to highflow cat,stock resonator, then split to 2.5" duals to either magnaflow or dynomax mufflers run me? Just basing on what they have done for you. In these grand prix's there isn't a huge amount of piping needed, unlike my truck lol.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Anyone know their prices compared to buying, say an 800 dollar magna flow cat back? I wouldn't want to spend anymore than that.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Budget is my pick also. I don't know if they have down sized but they use to have a special bay that they would use for custom systems, just waiting to get the car back and going to have them put a magnaflow system on the car. I picked up an axle back system from Northern Performance for around $400.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

What am I thinking, Go visit Joe Langel, he has two Mieneke in London and is a Fbody Fan. He doesn't have a mandrel but buys the bends and cuts them up.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Orange Juice
What am I thinking, Go visit Joe Langel, he has two Mieneke in London and is a Fbody Fan. He doesn't have a mandrel but buys the bends and cuts them up.
I didn't even know there was a mieneke in London lol. You say he owns them both? And rob from budget said he'll try and give me a ball park. I'm hoping its no more than 800. That's pretty well my limit.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes Joe was a member of the old Fbody club, he was usually very reasonable. He is usually is at the Dundas shop. He owns a stock 2002 and he is looking to put a blower on and every time we get together he has to take mine for a spin around the block!!!!
http://www.meineke.ca/Mufflers-Exhau...203C9/878.aspx
Old 04-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Orange Juice
Yes Joe was a member of the old Fbody club, he was usually very reasonable. He is usually is at the Dundas shop. He owns a stock 2002 and he is looking to put a blower on and every time we get together he has to take mine for a spin around the block!!!!
http://www.meineke.ca/Mufflers-Exhau...203C9/878.aspx
Thanks for the info. I'll probably go see him this weekend since its tax season and I'm busy every day lol.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:56 AM

Hey guys! I know it's been a few years but I just wanted to thank you all for the kind words! We actually didn't downsize, but have expanded! We have a location in both Burlington and Waterdown now as well as expanded online to an online warehouse. If you guys need anything let me know and I'd be happy to help!

Quick Reply: Good exhaust place in southern ontario?