Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Modifications and Ontario Emissions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSteveL
Do you think most MOE cops would know that some LS1 F-bodies came from the factory with an EGR and some did not (depending on model year)?
I think the sticker under the hood identifies if the car was equipped with an egr valve or not from factory.

If no emissions equipment is removed, they shouldn't have a problem with a rear mounted turbo
Old 04-18-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

You guys that have had the roadside check done, did they check for O2 sensors? I plan on deleting the rear ones when I put the TSP catted Y on.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1Zedder
You guys that have had the roadside check done, did they check for O2 sensors? I plan on deleting the rear ones when I put the TSP catted Y on.
Just delete the sensors using HPtuners but install them in the Y-pipe. Save you alot of hassles if they do look. If you are worried about extending the wires, just cut and splice the wires on the sensors (they won't be reading anyways) and leave the car harness untouched

Someone asked whether or not the officers would know if your car was originally equipped with an egr valve, the underhood sticker does list it, so the sticker would also have to be removed
Old 04-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Mat
Launching!

Good ask on those rear O2's Rich.. Sounds like a good idea to remove them with HPTuners, then install them in the pipe.

Here's a question, if we do that, can the O2's be installed in the pipe (bungs welded in/holes cut) after we've already installed the pipe on the car or is that something we should do ahead of time? I've got my Y laying around so I could drop it off at a shop Monday and have them throw bungs into each side for the O2's... If it can be done later with the pipes on the car, I'll just wait until later on.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mat
I've got my Y laying around so I could drop it off at a shop Monday and have them throw bungs into each side for the O2's... If it can be done later with the pipes on the car, I'll just wait until later on.
It'll be cheaper if you drop it off now, but you might run into fitament problems if they put the bungs in the wrong spot. I'd wait until it's on the car unless you can point out where the o2's won't interfere with anything
Old 04-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Mat
Launching!

Good call.

I'll probably do that. I know a couple good exhaust guys that will do it no problem. I think it'd be the safest to keep them even if only for looks.

We're gonna have some fast rides in KW this year boys! Seems like all the LS1 guys and even the LT1 guys are stepping up to the plate!

Quick Reply: Modifications and Ontario Emissions...