Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

ARE/Autoworx == pure criminals

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by denttech
Trailer queen...
My car is as much of a trailer queen as yours is ! I just happen to own a trailer and truck and if I'm going to the track why not use them? ...or would it be smarter to drive my car there and pay for a tow truck home if something happened like a broken half shaft or tranny? Good use of my truck and trailer...ya that make sense.

I have driven to Niagara Falls twice over the summer...on pump gas and to Kingston, Milton, etc....and where ever the Hell else I felt like going, and I could still pull up beside you and run you down on my motor to your power adder.

Mine is a street car, it ain't no trailer queen!

I've seen your car(s) a half dozen times or so. The car(s) arrive on trailers and they leave on trailers. Race cars belong on trailers. That is what I have seen. You could call it an RV for all I care if you spent a night sleeping in it.
I guess it is time to beef up your tranny and half shafts.
Mine has never ever been on a trailer thank you very much.
I guess you bought the trailer to tow around...what...your truck??
Old 12-12-2005, 06:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribing
Old 12-12-2005, 06:44 PM
9 Second Club

I bought the trailer to tow my car and accessories to the track. If you stopped to think about it, going to the track I need to bring tires, fuel, helmut, tools, jack, etc,...where is that supposed to fit in a C5? Maybe that is another reason why I bought a trailer. Besides the fact that it is more convenient, I can also race more competetively because I don't have to worry about breakages and I can set my car up before leaving for the track instead of when I get there. Lots of street cars are trailered to the track, no need to belittle them for that...unless it makes you feel better.

I guess you need to call the cars that beat you, 'Race Cars' so that you feel better about it. Doesn't really matter to me, call it what you like but I'm out on the streets driving all summer, thats a street car in my books. I don't really care what you call it.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pomp

May the Swartz be with you!!!
Spaceballs is my 4 year old son's favorite movie, in fact he's watching it downstairs right now!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:01 PM
10 Second Club

Lots of street cars are trailered to the track, no need to belittle them for that...unless it makes you feel better.

I guess you need to call the cars that beat you, 'Race Cars' so that you feel better about it. Doesn't really matter to me, call it what you like but I'm out on the streets driving all summer, thats a street car in my books. I don't really care what you call it.
I bet Mat would get into some good arguements at the OSCA events
Old 12-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Patman
Spaceballs is my 4 year old son's favorite movie, in fact he's watching it downstairs right now!
It's an excellent movie!!! It took long enough for someone to remember the quote.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I bought the trailer to tow my car and accessories to the track. If you stopped to think about it, going to the track I need to bring tires, fuel, helmut, tools, jack, etc,...where is that supposed to fit in a C5? Maybe that is another reason why I bought a trailer. Besides the fact that it is more convenient, I can also race more competetively because I don't have to worry about breakages and I can set my car up before leaving for the track instead of when I get there. Lots of street cars are trailered to the track, no need to belittle them for that...unless it makes you feel better.

I didn't belittle you or your car. Every single time I have seen it (6 or so times) it came in on and left on a trailer. That is all. Don't be so sensitive, "trailer queen" should no t get you so pissed.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SLED28
Its so slow it don't need a trailor
I went 10.20's in 97 and drove to the track all year and back. Do I get a award
Guess so... It is what it is.
I loved your old LT1. You should have kept it. No award though.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:31 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Purple Poncho
I've seen your car(s) a half dozen times or so. The car(s) arrive on trailers and they leave on trailers. Race cars belong on trailers. That is what I have seen. You could call it an RV for all I care if you spent a night sleeping in it.
Yours have never been on a trailer?!?!

Does this day ring a bell? When it comes to going fast, parts break... especially when you are talking about low 10's or high 9's like Don's car... not that I would expect you to relate to that

Old 12-12-2005, 07:38 PM
8 Second Club

Those are all the fastest cars that have run on spray.
The 10.2 belongs to Wade in Andre's car.

May the Swartz be with you!!!
Pomp, I don't get you sometimes... you complain about all the crap that people talk on the internet... and then you come out with a stupid crack like that... Instead of being concerned with what my car ran with me or Wade driving, you should focuss on getting your 385CI LS1 out of the 12's for g-d's sake... you are giving LS1 strokers a bad name... heck I ran faster with my M6 H&C LS1 Z28 (11.9)... are you sure it's really a 385 in there... based on the numbers I have seen you run, it looks more like an average H&C car... don't bother with the excuses... I know your tranny does not work and your rear end is busted Think twice before you talk about me or my car...
Old 12-12-2005, 08:09 PM
9 Second Club

I didn't belittle you or your car. Every single time I have seen it (6 or so times) it came in on and left on a trailer. That is all. Don't be so sensitive, "trailer queen" should no t get you so pissed.
There you go..."Holier than Thou"...acting like Mr. Innocent and then throwing out the jabs! You are a sore loser!

Give up with the exuces, if your car ever gets fast you can get a trailer instead of a flat bed.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Love those pics. LOL Leaving on a flatbed is the price you pay for having a full weight street car and has happened more then once. That is not a trailer though. Drag race insurace pays for that. God bless CAA platinum.

I get a huge kick out of beating trailered race cars with a street car. Drive shaft was $350 and I was stupid for taking my chances with the stocker.

Race cars run those times and arrive and leave on trailers. I am glad you guys agree.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

There you go..."Holier than Thou"...acting like Mr. Innocent and then throwing out the jabs! You are a sore loser!

Give up with the exuces, if your car ever gets fast you can get a trailer instead of a flat bed.
LOL Blow me..and yours can be taken off the track by a forklift. or should I say a front-end loader.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I saw your car trailored out of Napierville.
How can you forget it ?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol... those pix are what I was alluding to... Andre beat me to it... lol
**** happens, and things go wrong/break... playing it smart/safe doesn't make it a trailor queen.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've broken my share of parts and it's been flatbedded twice from the track since 1998. Probably will happen again but that does not make it a trailer queen, one which spends most of its time being towed around does.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:23 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by vmax1500
Pomp, I don't get you sometimes... you complain about all the crap that people talk on the internet... and then you come out with a stupid crack like that... Instead of being concerned with what my car ran with me or Wade driving, you should focuss on getting your 385CI LS1 out of the 12's for g-d's sake... you are giving LS1 strokers a bad name... heck I ran faster with my M6 H&C LS1 Z28 (11.9)... are you sure it's really a 385 in there... based on the numbers I have seen you run, it looks more like an average H&C car... don't bother with the excuses... I know your tranny does not work and your rear end is busted Think twice before you talk about me or my car...
Andre, I was stating the rules according to the fastest cars post on this site. I think you are the worst offender when it comes to talking about others cars and you should take your own advice.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:27 AM
8 Second Club

Andre, I was stating the rules according to the fastest cars post on this site. I think you are the worst offender when it comes to talking about others cars and you should take your own advice.
What rules and list are you talking about?

I agree that sometimes me mouth gets the better of me... at least I have a car that can keep up with my mouth Unlike your 12 second stroker... honestly Pomp, something ain't right there...
Old 12-13-2005, 10:26 AM
9 Second Club

I've broken my share of parts and it's been flatbedded twice from the track since 1998. Probably will happen again but that does not make it a trailer queen, one which spends most of its time being towed around does.
You are making an ***umuption there but somehow that seems to suit you.

Since our cars are on the road all summer long, according to your definition that would make them street cars, as we already knew.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Teching In

You are making an ***umuption there but somehow that seems to suit you.

Since our cars are on the road all summer long, according to your definition that would make them street cars, as we already knew.
Funny (or not so funny) how these threads always degenerate into these kind of preschool antics.

I thought you guys were already past puberty?

Quick Reply: ARE/Autoworx == pure criminals