Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

427 LS7 Buildup Pics!! (25+ pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006 | 11:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SLED28
Id gotten wrong info and had to correct it, so its all strightened out now.
Ok

Good to hear.

Rampant
Old 09-03-2006 | 11:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have another set of LS7's left in case somebodys looking
Old 09-05-2006 | 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey there fellas,
Owner of the 427 here. Thanks goes out to Dave for really helping out in the crazy situation of mine! He really put this engine together well....I'm just glad the cam I spec'd out is really a ground pounder

As far as the dyno graph goes, I'm sorry about the confusion with the time in the horizontal axis, but as Dave explained, I've never seen nor run a dyno before, and I had to do it alone for the first time lol and couldn't get the rpms in the bottom axis. But,

The graph starts at 2500 rpms and rolls up to 6500 where it peaked. It didn't start at 4000rpms or anything rediculous like that. The torque is retarted on this thing, i feel like i'm floating the car moves so fast, and forget about traction in first and second if you go past 50% throttle.

As far as tuning goes, i have a !MAF COS OLSD EFILive tune, and used the software to tune, i didn't use any information from the dyno, I logged it all with my personal laptop, and thats how I knew where to adjust the tune. As Dave said, I left it running a little rich on the top end, and left spark lower for 0 detonation across the board. Its tuned extremely safe for now, because I'm leaving for Iraq in 3 days, and have to leave it for someone to drive and doesn't know how to use the software to monitor all that crap.
To top it all off, i'm still running a y-pipe exhaust setup with the flowmaster muffler. Toss a really good truedual setup and we'll be seeing another 15-25 hp easy on the mustang dyno, which translates to a little more on the dynojet. For a hydraulic roller, this engine really makes some awesome power, and amazing torque!!

As far as going to W2W, I just can't make it before I leave, I have way too much to do before I deploy, its been really crazy, and I'm extremely happy with where I'm at. When I get home again, then it'll be time for new dual exhaust and a "power" tune for another 30-40 more hp/trq combined

Best Regards,
Adrian
Old 09-07-2006 | 01:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Haans249
Hey there fellas,
Owner of the 427 here. Thanks goes out to Dave for really helping out in the crazy situation of mine! He really put this engine together well....I'm just glad the cam I spec'd out is really a ground pounder

As far as the dyno graph goes, I'm sorry about the confusion with the time in the horizontal axis, but as Dave explained, I've never seen nor run a dyno before, and I had to do it alone for the first time lol and couldn't get the rpms in the bottom axis. But,

The graph starts at 2500 rpms and rolls up to 6500 where it peaked. It didn't start at 4000rpms or anything rediculous like that. The torque is retarted on this thing, i feel like i'm floating the car moves so fast, and forget about traction in first and second if you go past 50% throttle.

As far as tuning goes, i have a !MAF COS OLSD EFILive tune, and used the software to tune, i didn't use any information from the dyno, I logged it all with my personal laptop, and thats how I knew where to adjust the tune. As Dave said, I left it running a little rich on the top end, and left spark lower for 0 detonation across the board. Its tuned extremely safe for now, because I'm leaving for Iraq in 3 days, and have to leave it for someone to drive and doesn't know how to use the software to monitor all that crap.
To top it all off, i'm still running a y-pipe exhaust setup with the flowmaster muffler. Toss a really good truedual setup and we'll be seeing another 15-25 hp easy on the mustang dyno, which translates to a little more on the dynojet. For a hydraulic roller, this engine really makes some awesome power, and amazing torque!!

As far as going to W2W, I just can't make it before I leave, I have way too much to do before I deploy, its been really crazy, and I'm extremely happy with where I'm at. When I get home again, then it'll be time for new dual exhaust and a "power" tune for another 30-40 more hp/trq combined

Best Regards,
Adrian
Thanks for the explanation Haans249, stay safe over there and when you get back we'll get that motor over 600RWHP.
Take care man!
Dave
Old 09-07-2006 | 04:37 PM
8 Second Club

I found this in the solo 1 regulations pdf... So according to that your 497RWHP=599CrankHP and ~512 on the Dynojet... It will be interesting to see how the car runs at the track...
Old 09-08-2006 | 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

Wish I could get it to a dynojet, its definitely making more then 512 on the dynojet hahaha. I'm sure it goes more of a percentage, then just a straight number. Most stock LS1 cars can see up to a 30-40hp difference at only 300hp on a dynojet or 260 on a mustang. Thats a 12-14% difference, and the more power you make, then the more difference you're going to see...
Just for reference, they had a 427, ETP C5R headed with sheetmetal, full dual exh, guaranteed going to make BIG numbers "ONLY" made ~480hp to the wheels on their mustang. You normally see a little over 600rwhp on a motor like that.

Good Luck with your research!!
Adrian

Last edited by Haans249; 09-08-2006 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-08-2006 | 07:37 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds like they got the dyno-load turned right up
Old 09-08-2006 | 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Yea, thats definitely true. The shop owner said that dyno doesn't produce high numbers by any means. They have it setup for strictly tuning. Plus, I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but they put in that my car only weighed 3600lbs, when infact its at stock curb weight of 4200lbs as states on the door label...so that may skew the numbers as well.

Regardless, I don't really care what "number" it made on the dyno, its just a little frustrating having to deal with people trying to say that my engine is not putting out a good amount of power for the setup when they haven't even seen my car let alone ride in/drive it. We all know there are a million and one tricks when dynoing a car, and I used none, as well as running on a dyno which is known to produce abnormally low numbers.

Best Regards,
Adrian

Last edited by Haans249; 09-08-2006 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-14-2006 | 08:01 PM
8 Second Club

Dave what kind of bore do you need for the new L98 heads and intake? And what about headers-which one's will bolt up?
Old 09-14-2006 | 11:02 PM
FormerVendor

You mean L92? I don't think you want TPI heads on your ls1 motor

They will work on a 4.000" bore, but we're designed for a 4.065 bore. Exhaust should be the same..

Quick Reply: 427 LS7 Buildup Pics!! (25+ pics)