Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Anyone interested in a HPTuners tuning course held by "The Tuning School"?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 06:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Hooper
Too bad you feel that way, Dale. Do you have any other venue in mind?
It is not a big thing Hooper.

There are lots of shops with Dynos. Most that I know are in the West end and that is not fair to the guys in the east. I would think a central venue would be the best. East will lose guys from the west and west will lose east end guys. Central would be best for both. IMO.

I have no personal preferences, but there are some shops/vendors I personally would never deal with due to my experiences. Everyone has to pick their own people they trust. All I hope for is that people can get what they pay for and enjoy the hobby like I do without the internet BS that has been known to go along with it.

I only have loyalty to my current engine builder and he is the most honest guy I know and only will build a motor for me. He does not have a dyno or even a shop. He would also like to tune it himself too. He just has a dream.

Did I mention I am building it myself.

I am getting help from a lot of places and doing lots of reasearch. My new mill is just a little different than the average Ls.

Anyway thats about it Hooper, BTW you have a PM.

Nothing to see here, move along.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAMPANT
It is not a big thing Hooper.

There are lots of shops with Dynos. Most that I know are in the West end and that is not fair to the guys in the east. I would think a central venue would be the best. East will lose guys from the west and west will lose east end guys. Central would be best for both. IMO.

I have no personal preferences, but there are some shops/vendors I personally would never deal with due to my experiences. Everyone has to pick their own people they trust. All I hope for is that people can get what they pay for and enjoy the hobby like I do without the internet BS that has been known to go along with it.

I only have loyalty to my current engine builder and he is the most honest guy I know and only will build a motor for me. He does not have a dyno or even a shop. He would also like to tune it himself too. He just has a dream.

Did I mention I am building it myself.

I am getting help from a lot of places and doing lots of reasearch. My new mill is just a little different than the average Ls.

Anyway thats about it Hooper, BTW you have a PM.

Got it, Dale. Thanks.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

I cant go there either because of pending litigation with those people.

You can take me off the list if this is the location of the class.

Thanks anyway, maybe next time at a different location.

Looks like a great program, good luck with it guys.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by billc5
You have pending litigation with a sponsor here? Could you please explain as that's a fairly broad (and vague) accusation to make?
Old 05-02-2008, 09:20 PM
FormerVendor

Guys, would it be better for me to seek another shop? I'd rather not start having guys dropping out. I'm open to any suggestions and would like to start firming this all up. So if you can suggest some more places we can check with them, and find one we all agree on.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 05-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Launching!

How's this coming along, Bob?
Old 05-07-2008, 11:11 PM
FormerVendor

Dale, I don't think you've spent a penny at CPE, so you have no experience with my shop thankyou very much.

My only experiences with you we're at a previous shop where I was a basic employee. I always pushed the bosses behind the scenes to get your stuff done on time, and if you still can't get that through your thick skull, then buzz off and leave me alone.

It sure looks like your the internet pot stirrer in this thread to take it off topic. How many times have you said 'My momma always said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all'? Maybe you should take your own advice.

Sorry to be harsh, but can you not let it go? I would be very happy to put this to rest and shake hands....

As for the other guy, there are no words to describe.....

Dave
Old 05-07-2008, 11:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bob@thetuningschool.com
Guys, would it be better for me to seek another shop? I'd rather not start having guys dropping out. I'm open to any suggestions and would like to start firming this all up. So if you can suggest some more places we can check with them, and find one we all agree on.

Thanks,
Bob
Bob, please dont let a few sour grapes spoil it for my shop, busiest one in Ontario. We treat people with great respect and spend hours on the phone to help people pick the right parts well within their budget with no surprises.
I have a great private location with tons of parking and you can make all the noise in the world any day of the week. I have been a little under the weather so forgive my grumpiness and call us at 905-422-0041, we'll steer you right.
Lets continue on with the topic to get everyone tuned up for the summer!!!!
Thanks,
Dave
PS: if my location isn't picked that is completly OK with me, I'm just one vote!

Last edited by SLED28; 05-07-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:16 AM
Launching!

I'd like to see it at CPE, as well.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by billc5
You should have went to the tuners course a long time ago.What are you on now 3-4 motors? You should sign up for the tuner course no matter where it is so you can stop blaming others and only blame yourself the true culprit.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SLED28
Dale, I don't think you've spent a penny at CPE, so you have no experience with my shop thankyou very much.
Dave, I told you from the outset of your company you would never have my business. Hence my reason for not participating. It is nothing to do with any of your employees either I respect Fern and Arun as they both have never done anything but show me respect. They know that. My issue is with your past conduct as an employee of ARE, AWX, FTR and as an unemployed idividual. I have only known you for 4 or 5 years. It is nothing to do with you at CPE, but that does not change our history.

You told me in a PM you did not need my money. All I did here was say that if it was at your shop, I would not be taking the course. Very simple, it is not a slight or slander against you, I just prefer to support people who have shown me the common respect I would and have shown them.

I have no problems with your engine assembly capabilties. You have assembled 2 motors for me and I never had issues with the motors. I have told many people that too, you also know that. You know the many reasons as to why you do not get my business, you brought that on your self over the years. These attacking traits can even be witnessed in your above post. You have a lot to learn still as a business owner and customer manager.

I am not the only customer you have lost and not likely the last.

All I did was let the people here know that my attendance could not be counted on and I thought that was a common curtiousy if they were coming all that way and expect a certain number of people. I would not honor my original intent, dependant on the shop that was host.

As a moderator on another forum I have defended your shop when I felt it was being unfairly treated, but that does not mean I will ever deal with you. I just believe in people being treated fairly no matter who they are. There are lots of local vendors that seem to offer reasonable prices, are reliable and show me respect, online and to my face. I am confident you could offer me 2 of those. I gave you many chances to get the 3rd one right over the years.

I have said not one thing negative about your shop here, I just do not want to deal with you, it is my money and I will choose who gets it.

My only experiences with you we're at a previous shop where I was a basic employee. I always pushed the bosses behind the scenes to get your stuff done on time, and if you still can't get that through your thick skull, then buzz off and leave me alone.
We have debated your behind the scenes help before. This along with your on line bad mouthing while working with the other many places cemented my descion to never do business with you.

This thread did not start about CPE, it was about a tuning class and I said I was interested. Simple really, then when Bob said it might be at your location I withdrew.

As for buzzing off, I already did, that is why I take my money somewhere else. As for anyone else I do not know there situation and really did not plan on making any comment until as usual you started making your attacks and twisitng it. Go back and read my posts. Not slamming CPE in any way. Just withdrawing from a previous commitment that did not stipulate a location.

It sure looks like your the internet pot stirrer in this thread to take it off topic. How many times have you said 'My momma always said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all'?
I think you should have listened a little more closely to your momma. It is all your bad mouthing and bashing that has lost you a number of customers that otherwise would likely have stuck with you! Maybe even including me, that is all history and can not be undone, at least for me.

In all honesty I wish you and your shop all the best as some people that I consider very good friends deal with you at CPE and I would like to see you continue to be there for them.

Good Luck Dave and I really hope you do learn one day, you will go even further.

Gotta go build a motor.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:50 PM
FormerVendor

Dale it was years ago, its too bad you can't let the grudge go. If you do I'm all for it. Take care Dale, goodluck with the 455 it will be a monster, and if you need any clearance advice for the motor let me know.
Thanks
Dave
Old 05-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

If any of u guys do attend the tuning day at CPE u will see what a class act shop it truly is..There is no pushy sales person selling u un needed parts. U will find ppl that love cars and want the customer to be happy.. The location is great and the shop is even more impressive. Lots of parking and room outside. I can bet that none of u will regret dealing wit the folks at CPE. They are 100% committed to getting the job done right.....I have introduced all of my LS buddies to CPE and all of them mentioned how great these folks are..Don't let anyone steer u away from dealing with CPE....
Old 05-10-2008, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mitymikec
If any of u guys do attend the tuning day at CPE u will see what a class act shop it truly is..There is no pushy sales person selling u un needed parts. U will find ppl that love cars and want the customer to be happy.. The location is great and the shop is even more impressive. Lots of parking and room outside. I can bet that none of u will regret dealing wit the folks at CPE. They are 100% committed to getting the job done right.....I have introduced all of my LS buddies to CPE and all of them mentioned how great these folks are..Don't let anyone steer u away from dealing with CPE....
The rules of this forum do not allow any detractors to express their experiences with sponsors.

For Example:
Forum Rules 3.4.08 Read First Before Posting
8. If mention in any post is made using the words or combination of: "slander", "lawsuit", "attorney", "court" the post will be deleted immediately. This means you have decided to take the complaint to a level this site does not support.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alright guys, keep this thread calm, if theres some issues between some people use PM's. Im looking for information on a tuning school not a war between people. Candian Performance is a reputable shop and id def. reccomend it to anyone.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:44 AM
Launching!

I have a shop in mind for you guys which might be more central for everyone and it has a seperate DYNO facility from their regular working shop. http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/index.htm

They just retuned my car last night using my HP tuners and I couldn't be happier. I actually mentioned this to the owner (Marco), and he said he would be more then happy hosting this for US V8 guys.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

I also support the idea of using Magnus. This way, everyone can attend and we wont have to read through all the BS cry baby off topic posts in this thread.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Launching!

Well.................?
Old 06-05-2008, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too would be interested, a central location would work for me better also.
By the way this is an old sig, aka YBNORMEL
Old 06-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Banned

Dale it was years ago, its too bad you can't let the grudge go. If you do I'm all for it. Take care Dale, goodluck with the 455 it will be a monster, and if you need any clearance advice for the motor let me know.
Thanks
Dave
Damn. I hope you guys were able to bury the hatchet and make peace over the last month.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in a HPTuners tuning course held by "The Tuning School"?