Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

High revving combos

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 02:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That thing sounds so sick... all it needs it a clutchless 5 speed.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:59 PM
TECH Regular

**** all you need is a built 6 speed with a tick master kit an hardened input shaft... So the real question is whats the max rpm for a daily driven street car? They say my camshaft is good to 7650 i can WOT it at 3500 RPM's an it turns on right at 4ish an pulls hard until 6800 an this is done through a T-56, LME Forged 408, Ls3 Heads milled for 11:5:1 comp, 4.10's an a Moser 12-bolt. The car just recently put down 527/475 to the wheels an it feels like the L76 manifold is running out of air after about 4800RPM because you can feel it dragging hard... The car is speed density to. Do you guys think a daily driving a M6 car with a victor junior single plane fuel injected with a 4150TB on it will still be ok revving that high a few times a week an for sure on weekends??? I been driving this set up for almost 3 years the same way an haven't had any issues with it.

I recently had a catch put on the car, the EGR Deleted, still needs a retune because there is more power left in the car an the guy who tuned it didn't know much about LS Stuff so a big local tuner in STL is going to go over it all an rewrite everything in the tune for me and i'm debating wether or not to keep the mass air meter off an run a filter on top of the 4150 TB or get a carb hat an still keep the mass air for driveability... The way i see it is streetability isn't a issue for me at all i mean the lift is 650+... But if i'm going procharged or turbo'd wouldn't it make better power this way with a single plane setup??? I've read nothing but bad things about the new fast LSXR 102 unless your 427Ci or bigger since it seems like it takes cubes to move that thing enough to make more power maybe i'm wrong, but all the cams used on the testing with that thing was always small profiles nothing big or anywhere near my cam profile... So what do you carb guys think about going with a victor jr on LS3 heads an a 4150?
Old 10-18-2010, 11:05 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Hard to beat the Vic Jr man, they flow way better than any EFI intake that you van get for 1200, you have to get to the 1500$ on up range to get the kind of flow the carb intake can do, so i am sure it would be an improvement over what you have(though you didnt state what intake you have).
Old 10-19-2010, 08:54 AM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LSWNDR
**** all you need is a built 6 speed with a tick master kit an hardened input shaft... So the real question is whats the max rpm for a daily driven street car? They say my camshaft is good to 7650 i can WOT it at 3500 RPM's an it turns on right at 4ish an pulls hard until 6800 an this is done through a T-56, LME Forged 408, Ls3 Heads milled for 11:5:1 comp, 4.10's an a Moser 12-bolt. The car just recently put down 527/475 to the wheels an it feels like the L76 manifold is running out of air after about 4800RPM because you can feel it dragging hard... The car is speed density to. Do you guys think a daily driving a M6 car with a victor junior single plane fuel injected with a 4150TB on it will still be ok revving that high a few times a week an for sure on weekends??? I been driving this set up for almost 3 years the same way an haven't had any issues with it.

I recently had a catch put on the car, the EGR Deleted, still needs a retune because there is more power left in the car an the guy who tuned it didn't know much about LS Stuff so a big local tuner in STL is going to go over it all an rewrite everything in the tune for me and i'm debating wether or not to keep the mass air meter off an run a filter on top of the 4150 TB or get a carb hat an still keep the mass air for driveability... The way i see it is streetability isn't a issue for me at all i mean the lift is 650+... But if i'm going procharged or turbo'd wouldn't it make better power this way with a single plane setup??? I've read nothing but bad things about the new fast LSXR 102 unless your 427Ci or bigger since it seems like it takes cubes to move that thing enough to make more power maybe i'm wrong, but all the cams used on the testing with that thing was always small profiles nothing big or anywhere near my cam profile... So what do you carb guys think about going with a victor jr on LS3 heads an a 4150?
you got alot of stuff going on
I drive my Ly6 around on the street no problem with the vic jr and an 850 mighty demon carb. I also run a tko 5 speed. No issues at all with the single plane intake. The bigger the cam, and the higher you want to spin the motor, the MORE it will like the single plane intake.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Regular

I have the L76 manifold still on it the plastic is junk IMO but i think the vic jr is gonna wake it up hardcore for sure because the vic junior lives right where the intake feels like it's starving for air.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:24 PM
9 Second Club

Increasing jets 2 sizes netted a trap speed of 118 in the 1/8th
and 147.31 in the 1/4..
60 ft was only 1.59 with traction issues..
Went up one more size, will be running on a prepped track this weekend....

Dave
Old 10-26-2010, 05:24 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Damn it man, i need to try going up some jetting in my car, but i have not been bringing the jet kit.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DMMizell
Increasing jets 2 sizes netted a trap speed of 118 in the 1/8th
and 147.31 in the 1/4..
60 ft was only 1.59 with traction issues..
Went up one more size, will be running on a prepped track this weekend....

Dave

That sounds like a fantastic combination...

Can I ask what Bore and Stroke your using ??

Clive

Quick Reply: High revving combos