Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

how about vic jr w fast ez efi ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mega squirt box lets you eliminate the maf. You just run a small vacuum line to the mega squirt box. Also, you are the tuner with ms. The learning curve is way less compared to EFI Live/Hp Tuners. I guess the deciding factor is how much you are will to learn vs. how much money you want to spend.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A friend of mine has his ls motor around 700+rw with MSII and uses ford edis8 ignition parts. Does not use the stock reluctor wheel
Uses a 36-1 ford wheel with sensor pressed on crank
Old 02-28-2011, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i cant believe no one has tried the EZ on a LS. guess im the gonna be the test subject on this thing. im blocking the body hopefully for the last time this week.then ill tear everything apart and start putting this thing together. i figure it will take 3 to 4 months. ill let u all know.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by newschool72
i cant believe no one has tried the EZ on a LS. guess im the gonna be the test subject on this thing. im blocking the body hopefully for the last time this week.then ill tear everything apart and start putting this thing together. i figure it will take 3 to 4 months. ill let u all know.

ive been wanting to do it and pinching pennies and reading up on it
Old 02-28-2011, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

another interesting article discussing some of the differences

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...tup/index.html

Says the wideband lets the unit run in closed loop during WOT, which stock GM units can't do.

I went back and actually looked at the prices of these kits. At $1800 for the base kit plus and MSD ignition box it is kinda hard to see how this could ever be cheaper. I guess if you are use to paying $500 for a tune, then it wouldn't take too many upgrades to make up the difference.

This one has some good info too. Amazing how good they claim the self tuning is. There are also some interesting statements about FI vs. Carbs.

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/te...ast/index.html
Old 03-01-2011, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

u can get better deals on the fast EZ if u look around. i paid 1879.00 for the deluxe kit w the fuel system. as for the msd box, i was going w a carb or EZ, so i had to have the box anyway. price a really good carb and fuel pump and its not a HUGE jump in price. if u drive alot, the difference in mpg will make it a wash in a year. then u start saving money.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by newschool72
u can get better deals on the fast EZ if u look around. i paid 1879.00 for the deluxe kit w the fuel system. as for the msd box, i was going w a carb or EZ, so i had to have the box anyway. price a really good carb and fuel pump and its not a HUGE jump in price. if u drive alot, the difference in mpg will make it a wash in a year. then u start saving money.

the fuel mileage is what made me think about it

shoot the car is gonna have 373's with OD tranny to drive around alot more then race
Old 03-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

hi
just read to this post and,
1: ez-efi on a ls motor is hear...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...evelle-ss.html
2: my plan is to not run the fast but the powerjection3. it does the same thing, but it can take some boost.. so the plan is to start off whit a 5.3 vortec. a mild street cam. the powerjection3 and a masterpower turbo. 6psi a I will have 500 street mindet hp.
3: I have tunet som efi systems, and the ms. is not so cheap or ez.. the 400$ is just the ecu... you still need the rest af the sensors and fuel system... and a widebande to tune whit...
plus the time u use to tune the coolstart, the idel and alle the other things, is alot.. I have a ms ecu in my dd... and it runs good now but i have tuned it for a year to get it like this. and it is not whort the time...
Old 03-04-2011, 05:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by massen1981
hi
just read to this post and,
1: ez-efi on a ls motor is hear...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...evelle-ss.html
2: my plan is to not run the fast but the powerjection3. it does the same thing, but it can take some boost.. so the plan is to start off whit a 5.3 vortec. a mild street cam. the powerjection3 and a masterpower turbo. 6psi a I will have 500 street mindet hp.
3: I have tunet som efi systems, and the ms. is not so cheap or ez.. the 400$ is just the ecu... you still need the rest af the sensors and fuel system... and a widebande to tune whit...
plus the time u use to tune the coolstart, the idel and alle the other things, is alot.. I have a ms ecu in my dd... and it runs good now but i have tuned it for a year to get it like this. and it is not whort the time...
I have wondered about the powerjection myself. Let us know how it works out.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

still waiting for that fast EZ feedback. the chevelle, EZ, 2004r, LSX454 tread seems to have dried up.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Quick Reply: how about vic jr w fast ez efi ?