Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

budget carb setup suggestions Holley 650dp

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 02:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default budget carb setup suggestions Holley 650dp

it was originally dialed down for a high-altitude 4.3 motor so I will have to re-do everything.

My carb knowledge is minimal, but I'm learning quick. shooting for the 750cfm range. It will be on a custom intake, midrange cammed, but otherwise stock engine.

I guess I'm looking for ideas on where to start for jets, baseline rpm for secondaries to kick, if I need to modify anything or if there are relatively inexpensive upgrades/offroad specific upgrades I should look into. I've heard there's something I can do to the metering blocks?
anyhow all input appreciated. LS1tech rocks!
Old 04-21-2011, 02:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My best suggestion is to check the Carbed LS1 tech rides stickey at the top of the page. It is loaded with data sheets with everyones jetting, power valves, squirters, timing, etc. That would be your best place to start IMHO. Than start making track passes and checking plugs. Eric L
Old 04-21-2011, 12:50 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Yea, man, in here you might be able to find something close to what you have and get a base line setting:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/carburete...-database.html