Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Vacuum leak- cause my problems?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum leak- cause my problems?

I ran my car at the track Sunday and noticed my car was running much slower than usual. My car is making about 525 hp off the motor and I was running consistent 13.0-13.4 with 105-106 mph trap speeds. I couldn't not figure out what was wrong until I got to my house afterwards I noticed the 2 brass vac ports off my carb where it mounts on to my manifold were open. I am guessing when it was stored over the winter mice chewed the rubber caps off or they somehow came off on their own. Also I was unable to hold myself with the brake to do a burnout before the launch. The pedal went right to the floor and would only hold to 1500 rpm before it started to pull forward. If my car was unable to build up vacuum would this be the cause of me running such slow times and losing my brakes? My friend told me with a large vac leak such as mine the tune was probably all out of wack resulting in major power loss. I hope this is the problem and it is not something more major.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:40 PM
10 Second Club

Yes, a large vacuum leak would cause the problems you describe. Plug them off and take it for a drive. Eric L
Old 05-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Teching In

The idle should be high to with a vacuum leak....

Quick Reply: Vacuum leak- cause my problems?