Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Fuel pump and regulator questions

Old 10-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump and regulator questions

So I just go my carbed 5.3l running last night and It keeps on stalling on me. I messed with the carb(edelbrock 750) a bit and got it running steadily but at what seems to be at a very high rpm. This made me Wonder a few things....
1. Do I need to install a regulator on a carb set up?(I'm running a Mallory 110 fuel pump and have a Mallory regulator but not installed.
2. What pressure should I be running my fuel at.
3. Is a return line necessary and if so how would I go about pluming it. I'm curently running a straight line connecting my tank,Filters,pump and possibly a regulator...
Any suggestions would greatly help. Pics and sketches work best
Old 10-04-2011, 05:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

People probably get tired of seeing me post this link but it does a good job of describing how to set up a fuel system

http://www.centuryperformance.com/fu...e-spg-140.html

That Comp 110 pump has an internal regulator and should put your pressure near 7 psi (at the pump). You don't "need" an external regulator with it.

You need a pressure gauge at the carb. I run about 6 psi. If you are way off from that then the pump does have a pressure adjustment on it. You shouldn't need to mess with that though.

Stalling at idle makes me think float level, idle mixture screws and possible vacuum leaks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel pump and regulator questions