Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Traction

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 08:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Traction

I thought I would try posting this in here since these probably apply more to us old school (carb) types.
Has anyone ever run the Traction Master traction bars... http://www.tractionmaster.com/index.html ?? I considered the Slide-a-links but they don't have them for a '57. The CalTracs sound like too harsh of a ride on the street. I read at least one posting of traditional slapper bars still allowing wheel hop. I want to be able to run my truck at the strip the same way it is set up on the street.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 130 Likes on 117 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I made a pair of CalTrac copies and they work fine. I did get a "truck ride" out of them but I think that was me and to much pre-load along with a stiff shock setting.

Had slappers for a long time with my mono-springs....until I bent the springs

The ones you posted may work fine (like Slide-a-link or Caltracs) since it's only there to stop the wrap.

Good luck....it's trial and error

Last edited by Doug G; 10-15-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:16 AM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Avoid the slide a links, go for the cal tracks, you can run some air gap with them just like slapped bars
Old 10-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I have never been a leaf spring car guy, but I am surprised to see the front is not adjustable with different eyelets to change the geometry. Is that normal?
Old 10-15-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like it better if they had some adjustment. I was thinking about trying to do a little mod to them so they had some adjustment...any ideas?? I guess if it leaves straight off the line that is all you can ask for, right?? I don't think I would preload them at all since that would surely be (more of) a "ride" killer. I was hoping they wouldn't kill that (the ride) too much since they pivot at both ends and seem to be close to the same plane as the springs. They have a set specifically for my truck which was a little surprising.