Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Project EFI to Carb in my 2007 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 05:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel like I'm over thinking this whole thing...And it's pissing me off and making my head hurt. I don't need my pcm for anything. I have a Racepak that tells me mph, volts, ect, oil pressure etc...It doesn't control the tranny because its a MVB. I'm putting a carb on this thing, so it's not controlling any fueling. I have an MSD 6010 ignition so it's not it's not being used for any timing or anything like that. Basically, the bcm is being left to control lights, radio and A/C controls.

My thinking is, and I know a guy who did the same with a 99-02 truck, is that i could remove the entire pcm and harness and not have any worries since it doesn't control the lights, the radio, the power windows/locks, the heat/ac etc...Worst case scenario I have to figure out which wire off the key is crank and wire it directly to the starter???
Old 12-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Launching!

.Worst case scenario I have to figure out which wire off the key is crank and wire it directly to the starter???

Thats not worse case. Thats exactlly what you need to do. The truck will just be able to start in gear.No biggie,just make sure your in park lol. Need 2 get under the colum to the ignition switch and find your witch one makes a closed loop when you hold the key on. Its really pretty simple= or just put a push button on it make it really simple.
Pepole on here tend not to answer when they dont know(cuz its out of the normal and they think your going backwords and a dumb idea). Im all for it bro its your truck . I have switched alot TBI and the Pre Ls vorteches to carb. It really makes a diff on the tbi as they were **** lol. Its the same as someone swap a ls into a older car just the oppisite way lol

Last edited by red 95 t/a; 12-21-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:41 PM
11 Second Club

Got most of my wiring concerns figured out. Atleast in my head lol

A couple more pieces showed up yesterday. Holley HP-150 pump, Holley 12-803 regulator, and XRP fittings.

Only thing I lack now is the fuel cell and fuel filters and I'll get started on this thing
Old 01-07-2012, 11:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by red 95 t/a
. The truck will just be able to start in gear.No biggie,just make sure your in park lol.
if you ever take the truck to the track it will likely fail tech if it can start in gear , at my local track (New England Dragway) its something they have checked for every time I have teched with every car.

It will be interesting to see how you like this when its complete , its a different path than most but that is whats cool about it , the more ways documented the more choices people can make in an educated manner in the future....
Old 01-11-2012, 08:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

So put a neutral safety switch . Not a big deal.

I'm switching to carb on my new build even though I had all te efi parts ready to go. I was using a truck intake with this setup and am now going super Vic and a carb. Good luck, hope it works good for you .
Old 01-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AINT SKEERED
So put a neutral safety switch . Not a big deal.
this.

w/ the MVB 80 would it be safe to assume that you have an aftermarket shifter? if so it probably has the provisions in it to put micro switches to make it only start in P or N. otherwise just put a microswitch on the shift linkage under the truck so when its in P it engages the switch, then come off of the start switch to it then to the relay then to the starter. You should be able to use the factory switch. very worst case the ignition switch won't work that way and you have to put the key in turn it to run and put a start button in the truck.
the bcm should only need to receive signal from the ignition switch to indicate off, run or start. things like speed sensitive locks, maybe reverse lights and a few other minor things may act up or not work at all but w/ the trans swap you may already have these issues.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Phantom
Got most of my wiring concerns figured out. Atleast in my head lol

A couple more pieces showed up yesterday. Holley HP-150 pump, Holley 12-803 regulator, and XRP fittings.

Only thing I lack now is the fuel cell and fuel filters and I'll get started on this thing
Thats some good looking stuff there!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:32 PM
11 Second Club

Worked last weekend on putting the new carb on, new fuel system and ignition.

All the old engine harness.

Carb and fuel cell in.

Fuel pump and filter

My girlfriend putting the first 5 gallons of corn juice in it

Shitty video of the first start up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-yjbmeNCEU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NadmZ1LnJ2o

Most everything went very smooth. Everything works after the install and cutting all those wires EXCEPT my power windows and locks. Got to figure that out then I'll be hitting the track
Old 02-29-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Most everything went very smooth. Everything works after the install and cutting all those wires EXCEPT my power windows and locks. Got to figure that out then I'll be hitting the track
i had the same issue, make sure the two connectors under the fuse panel are plugged in. idk how to describe them, but when you open it up youll see what im talking about if they arent plugged in
Old 03-01-2012, 07:40 AM
10 Second Club

Congrats. Its coming along nicely. Eric L
Old 03-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

looks and sounds good. now we just need some comparison numbers like hp and track times. but nice job.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:58 PM
11 Second Club

Well, got to take it to the track this weekend. This entire conversion is a success in mine and the people who are helping me's, mind.

With the carb EXACTLY HOW IT CAME OUT OF THE BOX FROM QUICKFUEL, the truck picked up 7mph, yes 7, naturally aspirated over my previous best with the factory fuel injection. The 60' was more .1 better than my previous best on motor and it was almost .6 quicker in the 1/4 over my previous best. Red Truck then made a couple quick changes to the carb and we picked up another .02 and 1mph.

So, with one day at the track and minimal tuning, we picked up more than .1 in the 60', almost .6 in the 1/4 and 8mph, on a not so good sunday test and tune track.

To say the least, I'm very happy with the truck. And we're only getting started.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Teching In

I would send your alt out and have it converted to a one wire. That way your not messing with resistors and voltage regs.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

I have a resistor there right now and everything seems to be working fine.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:03 PM
10 Second Club

So, what did it run. Congrats, Eric L
Old 03-06-2012, 10:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Well, got to take it to the track this weekend. This entire conversion is a success in mine and the people who are helping me's, mind.

With the carb EXACTLY HOW IT CAME OUT OF THE BOX FROM QUICKFUEL, the truck picked up 7mph, yes 7, naturally aspirated over my previous best with the factory fuel injection. The 60' was more .1 better than my previous best on motor and it was almost .6 quicker in the 1/4 over my previous best. Red Truck then made a couple quick changes to the carb and we picked up another .02 and 1mph.

So, with one day at the track and minimal tuning, we picked up more than .1 in the 60', almost .6 in the 1/4 and 8mph, on a not so good sunday test and tune track.

To say the least, I'm very happy with the truck. And we're only getting started.
That is great results!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:30 AM
11 Second Club

The weather was kind of crappy here this weekend so I didn't get to go to the track to do any more testing. It did clear up enough for me to put my new nitrous plate on and play with my new LM-2 wideband and do some idle tuning

NOS CROSSHAIR
Old 03-12-2012, 03:35 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

LOL, i bet you will catch al kinds of hell from the EFI guys when you have the hood up.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:49 PM

HAY im don same swap but i need to know what wiring to cutout to clean it all up where did you find the information on that or did you just figure it out either way it would be great if you could give me some pointers
Old 08-20-2020, 11:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,513 Posts

You reply to an 8-year old thread and expect an answer??

Quick Reply: Project EFI to Carb in my 2007 Silverado