Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Back Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Back Pressure

Some of you have read my post on the miss fire issue that I have been having on the LS1 and MSD 6010. For the most part I think it's running the way it's supposed to. However, I still feel like its missing slightly from time to time. Got to thinking about back pressure on these engines. I'm still open headers. Wonder if this is now causing the slight miss sound. Popping from time to time? Thoughts?
Old 01-23-2012, 12:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know how you can tell much of anything about the engine tune if you are running with open headers. All I heard was explosions and flashes of light from the flame blowing out of them.

I would say don't overthink the problem and wait until you have an exhaust hooked up.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your probably right. I've Delt with Gen 1 stuff for years. Big and small blocks. Always had a feel for the engines if there was a miss even with open headers. Engine shaking, slight popping sounds, etc. my case however did start with a dead hole. That primary tube stayed cold to touch. All 8 cyl are firing now for sure, you touch a primary and your skin comes off (lol)! However, the LS1 just seems like its off a little bit. May be carb, back pressure, don't know. But your right. I believe I'll go get pipes installed then go from there...