Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Fuel system

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel system

1984 Trans Am
370ci forged LQ4
Ported/milled LS3 heads
237/249 .6xx/.6xx 110+4 lsa
Ported victor jr
950 holley
NX plate wet plate kit

I am going to be running a inline fuel pump with my factory carb'd fuel tank. My question is, How do I run the line for the wet kit? Can I run a line from the stock fuel pickup to the pump then run the line to the front of the car. At the front of the car I can put a Y in the line running one side to the fuel solenoid and the other to the fpr for the carb?

N20 solenoid--plate kit
/
fuel tank--pump---filter-----<
\
FPR---carb

Tell me if that sounds right. I plan on dead heading the fuel pump and not running a return.

Let me know if you see and changed that need made.

Thanks,

Dustin

Last edited by 1badeagle; 02-07-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That is a pretty serious sounding set up. Your motor should move some fuel. Here is pretty good guide on building bulletproof fuel systems.

http://www.centuryperformance.com/fu...e-spg-140.html
Old 02-06-2012, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

I need to run 2 pumps?......fml.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1badeagle
...I plan on dead heading the fuel pump and not running a return...
Definitely not ideal, any reason why you want (need?) to deadhead? It will severely limit your choice of pump, too.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:46 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

You can run a in line pump utilizing the stock puck up for all motor, i do it. But, for the nitrous as well, the stock 3/8s line is questionable to feed nitrous and fuel for that motor. Run a dedicated fuel cell and pump up front, that can even sport race fuel that will spray in when the nitrous is on for added protection.

Now, if you upped the line size and use a expensive high end pump, and can figure out how to make the feed line in the tank larger, yes, a T will work to use the nitrous and engine fuel, i opted for the first, and it was great, just used a holley blue with a dead head regulator for the nitrous.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

I guess i'm going to try to drop the tank and drain it. Then ill weld 2 bungs into the bottom of the tank and run 2 braided lines to filters then the lines to pumps then 2 more lines all the way to the front of the car. At the front one line will run to the fpr and the other will run to the solenoid for the plate kit. What size line do I need to run for each line? Which pump do you recommend me using for the nx kit and which one for the engine? I want to avoid running anymore fuel lines than necessary and I don't want to run a fuel cell in the car.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:56 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Run a bypass if you can for the motor, and a regulator is a must for the nitrous. The directions will tell you the recommended fuel pressure for the kit.

You are on the right track, 3/8 will supply both, but the braided AN lines are the way to go, i am not sure what size you need in specific detail, but there are several here that can chime in and give a detailed instruction to make a safe and excellent setup.