Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Street/Strip LS Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS10Tech
Subscribed.

I actually have designed a very similar build - down to the chassis, SFI qualifications, street/strip application, and ET goals. Only difference is the transmission and motor in getting there. 540 BBC through a GF5R on EFI instead of carb. NC emissions regulations hold a few limits on the street part.

What lifters are you going with? and i am also stealing your poly trans mount adaptation - that is a slick setup. You dont need to poly-mount the mid-plate as well do you? What are your plans for front to back torsional forces or does the trans mount take care of it for you all at the same time?

Also, do you mind PM'ing the book you have for the SFI requirements or where to get the annually updated issues?

Thanks ahead of time!

Cool! Do you have a build thread on your project? I love watching these things come together.

As for lifters, I'll be using the ISKY "Red Zone" lifters with the plus .300" body with offset cups on the intake to allow me to run larger OD pushrods.

The front motor plate and the mid plate are bolted, rigged. I have a poly mount on the trans cross member. As for the lateral movement (banjo effect of using motor plates) I'll be installing a arm with heim joints at each end from the front of the heads to the forward section of the frame rails.

PM me any time if you have any questions... I'll help if I can.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No sir, no build thread - storage concerns and time availability - something i simply do not have at this time. Instead i am in the process of funding the top end of motor, and this time next year the bottom end and getting a dyno result before storage for the chassis to be completed.

Any reason to not convert to a mustang II front end suspension setup? Ive got weight concerns with this particular build as the block is iron and may need to move the motor back - anything you might have to say on this i am all ears.

Cool that out of all of the combinations that exist both of us chose identical ET goals on such a similar platform
Old 08-26-2012, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS10Tech
No sir, no build thread - storage concerns and time availability - something i simply do not have at this time. Instead i am in the process of funding the top end of motor, and this time next year the bottom end and getting a dyno result before storage for the chassis to be completed.

Any reason to not convert to a mustang II front end suspension setup? Ive got weight concerns with this particular build as the block is iron and may need to move the motor back - anything you might have to say on this i am all ears.

Cool that out of all of the combinations that exist both of us chose identical ET goals on such a similar platform
That is a question I can not answer. I've never used any Mustang II stuff so it would be less than a guess if you would have any issues. I know a lot of folks graft that front end onto almost everything but it's usually just "Hot Rod" stuff, not like what you are doing...
Old 09-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Teching In

Nice build!!!!!! I LIKE IT!!!
Old 03-10-2013, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's been a while so I thought I'd update this build.

The engine is in and I'm plumbing it now and the exhaust is in too. Once the plumbing is finished I'll start wiring and then install the carpet, seats, belts and all the little craps that eats you alive in time and money.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:57 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Loos like a race car to me!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Loos like a race car to me!
I have NHRA to thank for that. If I plan on running low 8's at the track you gotta add all that cage work. But it will run on pump gas, have full exhaust and full interior and have tags and insurance so it will get plenty of street time. Alot of those miles will hopefully be during Drag Week if all goes well.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:06 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I know, it is a thing us street car guys say to give each other crap.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well it’s running and the cage has been certified. It sounds great and it's very zippy.

It’s at the carpet shop now getting insulation and carpet installed throughout, then it will come back to me and I'll finish it up. (Hang the nose, fenders, hood, dash, doors, windows, seats, misc. wiring, yada, yada)... Can’t wait to take it for a spin.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Serious car!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Getting closer. Big stuff left to do is put the glass back in it, install a window net and order a drive shaft. I still have some wiring a some dash work to do but I hope I'll be finished up with that stuff this weekend.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn !!!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:51 PM
10 Second Club

Man it looks great. Nice job. again.

The blue car looks lonely. Surprised you didn't sale it.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JRracing
Man it looks great. Nice job. again.

The blue car looks lonely. Surprised you didn't sale it.
Thanks. And the blue Coupe is not going anywhere for a while. It needs a new block (Dart LS Next) that I have on order. Can't wait to get than one back on the track and turn it up!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:04 AM
On The Tree

loving that little LSX sticker on the cowl
Old 04-28-2013, 08:07 AM
9 Second Club

Sweet car! Not a bad way to spend extra pocket change! lol!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 PM
10 Second Club

Put the wife in the blue car lol.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JRracing
Put the wife in the blue car lol.
Black car, Maybe... Blue car, no effin' way!

Here is a pic of both. Black car is done and the blue car is still waiting on a new block.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This project is finished. Got insurance and tags for it this week and drove it around town today in 114 degree Arizona heat with no issues... Other than the stares I got. LOL!

It was a great project and thanks for following the build with me... Now on to something else.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 123 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by LSmonster
This project is finished. Got insurance and tags for it this week and drove it around town today in 114 degree Arizona heat with no issues... Other than the stares I got. LOL!

It was a great project and thanks for following the build with me... Now on to something else.

Congrats....now video

Quick Reply: Street/Strip LS Coupe