Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

PCV location

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV location

Ok. I'm running into an issue. I'm putting a carbed LS1 into my 68 Chevy truck. I'm going to relocate the coil packs, and had originally planned to just use some stock valve covers with the mounting tabs removed. I decided I wanted something a little dressier.

I want THESE covers. They come with or without breather holes. I figured I could buy both with breather holes, and put the PCV in one and an oil cap/breather in the other. has anyone used these covers and done this?

I've also seen and read where others installed a PCV into the valley pan. I would actually rather do this and have a cleaner looking second valve cover without the hole.

Please give me some thoughts/opinions/ideas.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

GM switched to the valley cover PCV with the LS6 and beyond. The underside of the cover has all this baffling that is suppose to do a better job of keeping oil out of intake. If you get one of these valley covers you could then put a filter on one of the breather holes.

I have an LS2 with the valley vent. The vent hose wraps back under the intake nicely.

If you don't get a new valley cover I don't see why your idea of a vent on one side and suction on the other wouldn't work.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually made my own flat valley cover since I don't need the knock sensors anymore anyway. It could easily be modified for a PCV. It probably wouldn't be too hard to make some sort of baffle either as long as it would still releive the crankcase pressure. Could I see a pic of the baffling on an LS2 or later engine?