Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Need help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!!!!

It's not a LS1 but maybe someone can help me. I have a aeromotive electric fuel pump. I rebuilt the motor fired it up, and the fuel meter gages are not setting. They stay at 3 psi and jump back and forth. I bought a new regulator clean the fuel filter and it still does it. The car stays turn on so it can't be the fuel pump. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks
Old 05-09-2012, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a fuel feed issue to the pump
Old 05-10-2012, 04:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

A carb will idle with 1 psi or even less. What does the pump sound like? Check all of your electrical connections.

What size lines? what size pickup? filter?
Old 05-11-2012, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GNCLONE
A carb will idle with 1 psi or even less. What does the pump sound like? Check all of your electrical connections.

What size lines? what size pickup? filter?
I have a bypass regulator on it. The lines are size 8 I think. The filter is a stainless steel aeromotive. I think I'm going to test drive my car, if the car stays on then it's something electrical but if it dies it might end up being fuel related with the pump.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Make sure all connections are tight, especially the ones before the pump. A little bit of air in there and I can see it doing what you say.

Where is the pump compared to the tank? Below or above the fuel level? Pick up tube fully submerged?

I guess you could try a fuel flow test. See how long it takes to fill a gallon gas can. Be careful obviously.