Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

LQx with a carb look but EFI

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQx with a carb look but EFI

(hope this is in the right spot)
ok guys sorry but i keep thinking of stuff so and i have a question. Something that i was thinking about. Being that i have pretty much a blank lq4 motor in the garage and i want to put it in my chevelle. I was thinking about this lastnight about how i want the modern day technology in my chevelle but i would love for it to look like a classic carb setup. I know i read somewhere that a throttle body is out there that looks like a carb where i can use 8 injectors and still have the big air cleaner sittign on top of it. I am going to start listing my 454 and all the parts up for sale real soon to fund this conversion.this is the look i am looking for

can anyone tell me what carb that is? and can what would be better for me mega squirts or GM harness and pcm?
Old 06-11-2012, 08:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are a couple of write up on the FAST EZ EFI on here. People seem to really like them in part because they are completely self tuning. A pricey solution though.

MSD is marketing a system called Atomic EFI. Haven't seen anyone post that is using that one but it looks pretty cool. They built the electronics right into the throttle body so should be super clean and super simple to hook up.

Holley has their avenger series.

Most of these systems are good in that they don't need a lap top to program them, use wideband O2 and claim to be self tuning.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Launching!

thanks for the info i will start searching for it now. i figured if i am going to do it i might as well use EFI but i want the look of a carb in the engine bay. hell i just might go carb for now and save up to go efi later on
Old 06-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Launching!

ok so that fast ez efi is not what i am looking for its cool but i want the injectors like the one in my posting
Old 06-11-2012, 02:53 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

The atomic EFI may go on my truck if i get the spare cash, just because i think it would be cool to try and maybe more fun? Doubt that, but it looks like what you are asking for.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by V8 FC
(hope this is in the right spot)
ok guys sorry but i keep thinking of stuff so and i have a question. Something that i was thinking about. Being that i have pretty much a blank lq4 motor in the garage and i want to put it in my chevelle. I was thinking about this lastnight about how i want the modern day technology in my chevelle but i would love for it to look like a classic carb setup. I know i read somewhere that a throttle body is out there that looks like a carb where i can use 8 injectors and still have the big air cleaner sittign on top of it. I am going to start listing my 454 and all the parts up for sale real soon to fund this conversion.this is the look i am looking for

can anyone tell me what carb that is? and can what would be better for me mega squirts or GM harness and pcm?
this looks like the Holley Hp series fi. It is also self tuning once initial set up is complete
lots of good reviews on Yellowbullet.com

Quick Reply: LQx with a carb look but EFI