Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

fuel pressure issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 09:06 PM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by speedtigger
If you are only running .030" gap, why not just run TR5s?
I started with the 55's since it was Oem spec on the LS1 which is close to the compression In my engine, they looked excellent during
my engine dyno runs so I stuck with them. The .030 was to ensure that there would be no ignition issues, as any ignition weakness will show with high cylinder pressures, and wide gaps, tighter gaps keep things happy, and I have not seen any negatives yet.
Originally Posted by S10xGN
3p,

For each post you want to quote, click the middle button, looks like a, well, quote mark (double apostrophe). When you get to the last message you want to quote, use the regular button on the left side that says "quote".
Thank you
Old 07-03-2012, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the same issue with my car!! Falls on it's face @ around 5,500 rpm.......new 140GPH SS Areomotive pump, new 1/2" fuel line and billet filter. I'm really pissed as I can't find out whats going on. Did the flow test from the reg. to the carb and I have 2 gallons to the fuel jug in about 55 seconds. Fuel is coming like Niagra falls out of my 1/2" line. Pulling the carb tomorr. to see if I can see anything abnormal. Don't really know what to do next. And yes the MSD box is set for 6500 RPM from the laptop. Freaking cars!!!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still cant get mine right. And in the last 10 times ive driven it the fuel has only dropped pressure once. Its at random its doing it and now everything is new, fuel tank all the way to the pistons haha. Idk what else to do other than go thru wires again and run more grounds.