Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Odd misfire

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd misfire

So I hop in the car today to go for a ride.. up until today the car ran great.. I get in it and as soon as I started it it began to misfire.. All cylinders are firing and it has power but it studders as I go no matter what RPM im at...

I checked all the plugs and wires and they have good connection.. the only thing I did recently to it was move the MSD from the intake to the inner fender..

Any thoughts??

Is the controller able to tell me if I have a misfire if I hook it up to my laptop im baffled..
Old 07-06-2012, 09:42 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Sensor will throw the box a code. If it is bad. Trash in the carb? Wash under the hood or drive in bad weather? If to, water in the ignition can make it misfire.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Sensor will throw the box a code. If it is bad. Trash in the carb? Wash under the hood or drive in bad weather? If to, water in the ignition can make it misfire.
Its been in my garage never even seen wet weather... Im wondering if the plug wires are shot, they are 6 yrs old and have been on a few other vehicles they feel loose so I bought another set today... we'll see what happens
Old 07-07-2012, 05:03 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I doubt it will be more than one, but one can do it, ran with one off just to try it.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
I doubt it will be more than one, but one can do it, ran with one off just to try it.
Swapped wires today for giggles and nothing... I even popped one off at time while it was running and all had wonderful spark.. So im ruling the box out.. the carb is not dumping fuel.. its running great..

Im thinking its a valve issue but I need to do a compression test for sure