Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

GMPP L92 Dual Plane VS Victor Jr L92 Height (pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 02:02 PM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want to change to the dual plane that's up to you. It'll work great. But I beleive there is substantial gains in the tune with the manifold you have.
What are the commanded a/f's? List them all, Everything from idle up.
I agree that the long runner LS EFI intakes are pure torque producers, but my opinion is a dual plane carb intake is a major compromise . Its design is to increase booster signal on a carb , your efi doesnt really need the divided plenum to work well. Thats just my opinion, and you don't have to agree. I'm just trying to help you get what you have running better.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree there is alot left in it. I havent even really started to play with the tune, but I want to have all the players in place before I get serious about tuning. I use to love changing jets and dist. springs, pump cams, twisting the distributer back and forth and test drive, test drive, test drive. I still have an old school sbc 68 camaro Hotrod sitting in the garage if I ever want to play again, but this car is to be tuned up once and drive,drive drive.LOL.
For what this car is set up to do, the dual plane will work better than the single. How much better, I will never know for sure because I never really tested it the way it is, so I wont be able to compare.
Im almost positive I am sending paypal for the intake tonight and Im thinking hard about advancing the cam I already have a couple degrees too. Then I will dial it in, hopefully with a little help from my friends on LS1tech, and be happy with it.
3 Pedals, I will check the a/fs for you in a day or two but they are at the factory settings . I think they are 13.5 idle, 14.0 cruise, and 12.5 WOT, but I will have to check to be sure. Thanks for the input, guys. It is greatly appreciated !
Old 04-17-2013, 03:43 PM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just realized this was a MAJOR thread hack! Lol, my apologies for completely derailing your thread TopBrent
Old 04-17-2013, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL! I dont think Topbrent minds too much. This thread was pulled up from the dead while I was researching the dual plane LS3 intake from August of last year.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No worries! It is all applicable information.

Quick Reply: GMPP L92 Dual Plane VS Victor Jr L92 Height (pics included)