Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

High alternator mount and power steering.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 07:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High alternator mount and power steering.

I've built a few differant belt drives and I was asked if I could possibly make a high alternator mount. Attached pictures of what I have come up with. You will notice I used an F-body waterpump but it has a truck pulley on it. I have the pulleys new and they can be swapped easily. And i'm using the stock LS1 alternator bracket for the idler. The bracket would need to be modified by cutting the ears off so a shorter bolt may be used to bolt it to the block. This setup will work on LS1's as well as iron blocks. The iron block does not have the center bolt for the alternator bracket but I have an adapter bracket/spacer made to work around this issue.

The waterpump does not have alot of belt wrap but I have seen others with about the same. I could add an idler to the right of the alternator if needed but I don't think it is necessary. If anyone has a drive with similiar belt wrap at the waterpump let me know if you have experienced any belt slippage.

Sorry the pictures are small. I couldn't find my camera so I had to use my kids DS camera. I've also included pictures of some other options i've come up with. PM me if you have any interest in the brackets. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails High alternator mount and power steering.-hni_0097.jpg   High alternator mount and power steering.-hni_0001.jpg   High alternator mount and power steering.-hni_0003.jpg   High alternator mount and power steering.-dscf3275-640x480-.jpg   High alternator mount and power steering.-dscf3220.jpg  

High alternator mount and power steering.-dscf3680.jpg  

Last edited by fox12303; 09-25-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Default Offset alternator mount and tensioner.

I've offset the alternator 3/4" outboard to clear the throttlebody electrical connector and moved the tensioner pulley down 1" to allow for more belt adjustment. The original alternator bracket should clear cable operated throttlebodies. Please review pictures to gauge clearance as I tried to take them looking directly at the engine for better reference.
Attached Thumbnails High alternator mount and power steering.-dscf4367.jpg   High alternator mount and power steering.-dscf4364.jpg  

Last edited by fox12303; 11-20-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:50 PM

Default Interested in your brackets

FOX12303,

We have a project that is requiring a setup similar to what you are showing. Would you be able to supply us pricing for a kit to mount the Power Steering pump and Alt on the upper portions of the motor as you are showing in your pictures?

Sincerely,
DGF Motorsports
Old 03-06-2020, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by fox12303
I've offset the alternator 3/4" outboard to clear the throttlebody electrical connector and moved the tensioner pulley down 1" to allow for more belt adjustment. The original alternator bracket should clear cable operated throttlebodies. Please review pictures to gauge clearance as I tried to take them looking directly at the engine for better reference.
fox12303,
Is this setup still available or are you still on here? We need a tensioner similar to the one pictured.

Quick Reply: High alternator mount and power steering.