Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

5.40 is it possible

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z284thgen
364ci. Hand ported 853's shelf cam super Vic 850 proform and a 4l60

Like 3 pedals asked. What's the complete combo of previous setup. Something doesn't seem right. And you have yet to mention if heads are stock or ported.
WOW if i had a 364 mustang going that slow i might just burn it to the ground.

just sayin

also keep up the hard work ridinhd its nice to see plp hard at work on these car.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

stock heads only milled id be happy with those results

ported heads and those numbers = a car burnt to the ground and if there ported they could be all jacked up and worthless now
why would the heads be jacked up and worthless now because there ported? what tha hell? i guess your talkn about ptv and quinch? checked all of that when assembled has .32 quinch i dont remember ptv but it was plenty.nothing has ever touched the head. i thought i had a trans problem so i swapped to another 400 same et. im telln you ive been over this thing a time or two and the only thing i see it could be is the cncd head is just too big for a 4.00 bore and not flowing proper down low. i dont know, and dont really care cause im pulln it apart the weekend to start the 408
Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shoot Martin@Tick a PM about a custom cam he knows his ****....
Old 12-27-2012, 11:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by gsxkid
WOW if i had a 364 mustang going that slow i might just burn it to the ground.

just sayin

also keep up the hard work ridinhd its nice to see plp hard at work on these car.

If it was a full blown race car I would burn it to ground. But mine isn't.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

If it was a full blown race car I would burn it to ground. But mine isn't.
so what makes you think ridinhood has a full blown race car.if i am correct i believe he drove his car to the track a few times last season.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ridnhood
why would the heads be jacked up and worthless now because there ported? what tha hell? i guess your talkn about ptv and quinch? checked all of that when assembled has .32 quinch i dont remember ptv but it was plenty.nothing has ever touched the head. i thought i had a trans problem so i swapped to another 400 same et. im telln you ive been over this thing a time or two and the only thing i see it could be is the cncd head is just too big for a 4.00 bore and not flowing proper down low. i dont know, and dont really care cause im pulln it apart the weekend to start the 408
didnt know they were a cnc ported deal what i meant is they were ported by hand or new company and the just hogged them out and become crap in the end

that much of a intake CC that those prob have would prob still benefit from a even larger bore 4.060 range on that 4" stroke

could prob save money sell that ls3 setup look into AI 236cc head swap intakes to cath head super vic intake try your cam and maybe make another 15-20 hp
Old 12-28-2012, 05:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

you def have something going on with that motor..i would get a custom cam done for it..that much comp,ported heads and everything else..leads either cam was wrong or stall,gearing an such.,you should of been spinning it 7600rpms also to take adv of them ports..

what was the full combo..stall,gear,tires and weight? you have a good suspension and parts in it?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by suicidal racing
you def have something going on with that motor..i would get a custom cam done for it..that much comp,ported heads and everything else..leads either cam was wrong or stall,gearing an such.,you should of been spinning it 7600rpms also to take adv of them ports..

what was the full combo..stall,gear,tires and weight? you have a good suspension and parts in it?
the whol combo is in page 2. ive changed gears, converters, cams, carbs, trans, the only thing that stayed the same was the heads. each time i changed something it was timed back to 30 and advanced until it fell. carb jetting was done the same way. its got to be the heads! think what im going to do is my own head shootout. i just finished a set of 799 heads myself, and just bought a set of procomp cncd cathedrals. this march ill put my junk motor back in w the ls3s get it tuned proper, then try the procomps, and then the 799s then we will see whats what.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey op, have you thought about trying methanol. i know a guy who picked up 3 tenths in the eighth just switching to methanol
Old 12-28-2012, 09:51 AM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

your Lunati cam should work well in the 408 you plan to build, but it was too big on the intake duration for the 370.
The Patg cam has a weird intake lobe which I think was restricting the combo's potential. the square port heads on a small cube engine needs short duration(which it had) but an agressive intake lobe to get the valve open wide quickly, and the intake closing point has to be in the exact right place as well. Calling a real cam expert is the way to go.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 71 chevy
hey op, have you thought about trying methanol. i know a guy who picked up 3 tenths in the eighth just switching to methanol
Something was very wrong with his gas combo then...
I NEVER tell customers to switch to methanol to gain power, you switch to methanol to gain round by round consistency in any weather. You will gain some torque, but to say you will pick up 3 tenths is quite a stretch..
Old 12-28-2012, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

If this thing doesn't run better this year I am switching to alch. But I'm not putn it in the car I'm going to drink it
Old 12-28-2012, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If this thing doesn't run better this year I am switching to alch. But I'm not putn it in the car I'm going to drink it
It takes hard work to go fast, this isn't an easy sport.. Surround yourself with smart people, sit back and listen to what they say, and apply the things you can to your program..
test, test, test..
You need to make laps to go consistently fast..
Old 12-28-2012, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Oh no doubt, well spoken. I'll get it sooner or later as long as the wife doesn't find out what kind of money I spend.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:33 AM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

as long as the wife doesn't find out what kind of money I spend.
LOL! sooo true
Old 12-28-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You got a PM...
Old 12-28-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StrokerTA
Something was very wrong with his gas combo then...
I NEVER tell customers to switch to methanol to gain power, you switch to methanol to gain round by round consistency in any weather. You will gain some torque, but to say you will pick up 3 tenths is quite a stretch..
No, if they dont gain power with methanol, then something is wrong with their methanol setup. Its not rocket surgery. methanol has more energy per amount used than gas.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol , that was funny
Old 12-28-2012, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 71 chevy
No, if they dont gain power with methanol, then something is wrong with their methanol setup. Its not rocket surgery. methanol has more energy per amount used than gas.
Rocket surgery?
How many gas to methanol swaps have you completed?
How many back to back on track test results do you have?
I simply said, I never will tell one of my customers to switch because he will go FASTER.. You don't switch to methanol because you are wanting to go faster..

On a boosted application, different story...
Old 12-28-2012, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

this post is gettn way crazy, first started with a what do ya think, now were burnin cars to the ground, drinkn alc, hidn money from wives, and doin a little rocket surgery!!!!! whats next keep it comen

Quick Reply: 5.40 is it possible