Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Holley LS3/L92 Dual Plane

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 300-130 Intake arrived Today ! Quality overall looks pretty good , the casting itself is not near as good as the last few Edelbrock Intakes I installed. It comes with the Bolts , "O" rings , and plugs for the threaded vacuum holes. To bad I don't have a Performer RPM to compare it to. Also there is no provision to bolt the MSD unit to the Intake, no big deal was gonna bolt it to the firewall anyway. Also one other other thing it was cast in china , and this is a BIG deal to Me . Had I known I probably would of went with the Edelbrock.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:19 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

How much was it?
Old 02-17-2014, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
How much was it?
$250.00 shipped, direct from Holley.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:22 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Yea, that would have been the way to go, edelbrock.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:07 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snook
Originally Posted by newschool72
Rue R Corwect. U mus be a vewwy rise man, Snrook son !
Originally Posted by sssuch
.Also one other other thing it was cast in china , and this is a BIG deal to Me . Had I known I probably would of went with the Edelbrock.
Man this kinda crap gets pretty old, real quick.

Quick guys, run to your garage and check:

Was your engine built in the Romulus / Wixom, Michigan plants, or was it built in St. Catherines, Canada, or Silao, Mexico, or Melbourne, Australia?
- If it wasn't built in the USA, then by all means junk it immediately.

There is a line between Patriotism and, Xenophobia, Jingoism, Racism, and Bigotry
Old 02-18-2014, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

I never said it was junk because it was made in china , just the Casting quality was not as good as Edelbrock. The reason I bought it was that the Ports are an improvement over the Performer RPM and may be worth a few more Horses. The casting flaws are cosmetic and will be removed when I polish it.

I prefer to spend My money in the Country that I live in , the few extra Horsepower or Dollars saved just doesn't mean that much to Me. I really doubt that the chinaman that works at the Foundry where this was cast will stop by My shop and get His Car fixed , but an American Worker just may.

The **** that gets old is some ******* with the racist , bigot , and ect crap. Well I am a Racist , Bigot, and Patriot so whats Your point this is America where I have the Freedom to do so.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by topbrent
Man this kinda crap gets pretty old, real quick.

Quick guys, run to your garage and check:

Was your engine built in the Romulus / Wixom, Michigan plants, or was it built in St. Catherines, Canada, or Silao, Mexico, or Melbourne, Australia?
- If it wasn't built in the USA, then by all means junk it immediately.

There is a line between Patriotism and, Xenophobia, Jingoism, Racism, and Bigotry
Its not China at fault for the intake being built over there, but the fact is, we are crumbling as a country because industry is flying over seas as fast as an extra dollar is to be made. I find myself forced to buy goods made overseas, because if I didn't, I couldn't afford the things I enjoy doing. It had come to the point, that Americans design products, then China manufactures it. That would be fine and good, if our country could continue to survive, being the brains of the outfit. It is painfully obvious that we cant, unless you are Holley or any number of other companies that jump at the savings and profit margin cheap over seas labor brings. Chen Lee is paying his bills, while my community cant find work. Holley is doing pretty well, Im sure, while a worker with American pride in workmanship, is flipping burgers and worrying that his family will be homeless, if he misses work for 2 weeks.
They are copy cat labor, period, and cut corners on materials and workmanship so they can build product quick enough to make a profit. A friend of mine took a trip to China, with a large archery company he works for, to check out the products in their economy line, that was to be built over there. He personally watched the factory workers pull a new Ranger Bass Boat into a room. They sliced the boat into sections and 72 hrs later, had a copy built and ready to under sell Ranger in our market. Did they earn the technology? NO! they stole it! But their country doesn't have any rules to govern copy rights, or any other legal or honor based regulations. We are doing it to ourselves, but that doesn't make it "right".
Old 02-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Uh oh.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:56 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Choosing to buy american is one thing.
That's great. I do whenever possible, mostly.
However, the name calling is another and you know it. That's why it stings when you're called out.

Politics and corporate governance aside, replace chinese with irish, italian, canadian, mexican, black, english, southerner, northerner, redneck, yankee, mormon, catholic, baptist, muslim, christian, jew, ect, and see if it still feels right to say.

Try that mouthy act on in the modern workplace and see how fast you get walked down to the HR dept.

Like I said, there is a line between the definition of behaviors.

Now, let's get back to intake manifolds and LSX info.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I understand the burn of being called out for choices, or for sometimes things you have no control over, like race. I feel the burn when I see good people , skilled people that paid their dues, through either school or real world experience, just scaping by with a meager existence because there are no jobs using their skill set anymore. I also understand why good companies are put out of business because they cant compete with companies that have taken their business elsewhere. Its a great decision , at the time to cut costs and raise the bottom line, but its a knife to the heart of this country. No real reason to talk about it anymore. The damage is done, IMO.
I like you TopBrent and appreciate your insight on the dual plane intake and the advice you've given me on my car. We will just have to have this disagreement on this subject.
Hey guys, the rec port head dual plane intake is a great way to build a street ,carbed, driver that will haul ! Holley has a great price on them and Im sure that will give more people a chance to find out what I did. The combo flat out works!
Old 02-18-2014, 05:09 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Holley is a sell out. Period. Lol

Murica, land of the free to do as the law allows you and home of the folks brave enough to exert their legal abilities when they are smart enough to learn them.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:36 PM
FormerVendor

Not to get into the political discussion, but besides the pallets of the Made in the USA Edelbrocks I always have, I have the 300-129 Holley intakes in stock if anyone is interested. $235 Shipped

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-produ...l#post18031667
Old 02-19-2014, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFSKSpeed
Not to get into the political discussion, but besides the pallets of the Made in the USA Edelbrocks I always have, I have the 300-129 Holley intakes in stock if anyone is interested. $235 Shipped

Holy drama huh?

Is that price a sale or how they will normally be priced from you.

My w2 came in so my taxes should be here soon enough and ill pick up a bunch of things from ya
Old 02-19-2014, 03:16 PM
FormerVendor

There isnt a huge margin on these, so there isnt really any room for sale prices Everyday price will be $249.99 I can work better deals on any other parts needed though
Old 02-27-2014, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFSKSpeed

I can't find these on your website. Still have them in stock?
Old 02-28-2014, 06:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was just poking fun at the chinesium stuff. No need to get butt hurt about it lol. Very few things say made in the usa on it anymore, so I try to be proud of the stuff that is and buy it. Not just because its made in the usa, but I need it and its made here. I just posted in another thread I might try the holly intake.

Sometimes I forget how sensitive some people are, lol. Maybe I need a sensitivity class or something. I just always felt if I went to one of those or something like it, Id have to start putting tampons in my mangina hehe

Last edited by snook; 02-28-2014 at 06:15 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:23 PM
FormerVendor

Didnt bother me! I guess Im just used to the outsourcing nowadays. Holley is doing the same thing as Eagle is with the rotating assemblies, Eagle has always been cast/forged in China and all finish machine work is done here in the US.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by newschool72
It wouldn't help, at least on the GMPP dualplane. Its only about a 1/4" shorter than the Vic Jr. Im running a 1/2" wood spacer too, so my intake setup is actually taller with the dual plane than it was with my Vic without a spacer. I looked at the link you posted, but didn't see where it said rectangular port intake. I doubt the dual plane for the LS3 heads will be shorter than a JR from any source. There is only so much you can do with ports that tall, when you stack them on top of each other, like a dual is configured. My low ports are flat ( maybe a 1/4" above the valley cover) and the high ports lay right on top of them. I don't see a way to make the intake lower than the GMPP design, unless the port size is compromised to bring the top ports down some. Its just a huge intake by necessity .
is this an arts and crafts fair...Where did wood get thrown in the mix....lol
Old 02-06-2018, 10:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,090 Likes on 2,406 Posts

You will also notice it was 4 years ago, have we heard from him since? Not that I can tell.....

Quick Reply: Holley LS3/L92 Dual Plane