Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

What PCV valve for carbed use.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 11:31 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What PCV valve for carbed use.

I'm in the process of reworking the pcv on my 5.3 foxbody. I tried running no pcv but the smell and fumes were terrible.

So I'm going back to square one and was wondering if there's a particular PVC pn# that's preferred. An inline one for 3/8" hose would be optimal.

I also wonder if it matters which valve cover I use for the pcv. I was using the drivers side port but the only place I had to mount my oil separator was on the passangers side fender. My pcv hose would be quite a bit shorter if I could pull air out of the passangers side valve cover.

My DIY catch can.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I use a Purolator PV1057. It is an inline like you want. I have the vacuum hooked to an LS6 valley cover vent with a cheap fuel filter on the valve cover vent for fresh air. The valley cover vent has some baffling on the underside to try and separate some of the oil
Old 02-23-2014, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
I use a Purolator PV1057. It is an inline like you want. I have the vacuum hooked to an LS6 valley cover vent with a cheap fuel filter on the valve cover vent for fresh air. The valley cover vent has some baffling on the underside to try and separate some of the oil
I have no vents in my valley cover (DOD)
Old 02-24-2014, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found that the factory valve pulled too much vacuum and it caused my engine to idle higher now matter where I put it.. I run an Auto parts store so a few hours of digging thru boxes found me a valve that was a bit more difficult to open under vacuum and it solved my issue (cut oil consumption down too) I believe the valve is for a mid 70s Chevy straight 6 believe it or not
Old 02-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Beeterolds
I found that the factory valve pulled too much vacuum and it caused my engine to idle higher now matter where I put it.. I run an Auto parts store so a few hours of digging thru boxes found me a valve that was a bit more difficult to open under vacuum and it solved my issue (cut oil consumption down too) I believe the valve is for a mid 70s Chevy straight 6 believe it or not
I will have to look into that more.

Right now I'm running a 70-80's 350 Chevy truck one

Quick Reply: What PCV valve for carbed use.