Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

TREX cam ls1 in a 66 el camino

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

didn't get to hit it with the bottle but I still went out on the 29.5 tires and went 11.8 in 95 degree heat crossing the line at 6400 rpm so I lost rpm and et but went 119 mph so it keeps gaining mph but it feel dead off the line im thinking since the converter is spec'd for the nitrous its holding it back alooot

this is the only pass that i got on video but was wondering if you guys think its the converter that's making it a dog on the lowend also

also what fitting are you guys using for water temp on a mechanical gauge
Attached Thumbnails TREX cam ls1 in a 66 el camino-safe_image.jpg  
Old 06-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Hard to tell in that video, but if it is your car I hear, the RPMs are slow to come. It is a tough trade on a torque converter between nitrous and N/A. I have a compromise converter in mine and I am pretty happy with the results N/A and nitrous.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Hard to tell in that video, but if it is your car I hear, the RPMs are slow to come. It is a tough trade on a torque converter between nitrous and N/A. I have a compromise converter in mine and I am pretty happy with the results N/A and nitrous.
yes its my car you hear(the other car has turbo mufflers with full exhaust)

I know you give up some time with a nitrous converter but I feel like its really really slow off the line..i guess ill just have to spray it and see if that makes me happy lol..
Old 06-05-2014, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Tail gate up will slow your MPH down for sure. That is why I asked.
I've run better time with tailgate up. even better than no tailgate. mythbusters even did an episode on it. tail gate up is better. I spend 90% of my time in the truck world. tailgate up is the general answer.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:43 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
I've run better time with tailgate up. even better than no tailgate. mythbusters even did an episode on it. tail gate up is better. I spend 90% of my time in the truck world. tailgate up is the general answer.
No kidding? I have never been a truck racer, but several guys back in the day all said they do better with it down. Maybe aerodynamics have changed that over the last 20 years. Would make sense.

Quick Reply: TREX cam ls1 in a 66 el camino