Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

LQ4 balancer question

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 09:46 PM
bdr
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 balancer question

My LQ4 is out of a 2005 2500 hd.. its all rebuilt and I had a TU2 cam installed. I have the original balancer on. Since its kinda ugly, should I buy a balancer for a car or truck? Any difference?
Attached Thumbnails LQ4 balancer question-lq4_engine.jpg  
Old 04-27-2014, 08:35 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

The truck is off set for that belt drive. The trailblazer pulley system is back further than a full size truck, and the cars are not all the same from corvette to f body to GTO as far as I know. The water pumps are forgiving but that's only for some that are close. A trailblazer water pump will work on a full size, a 2010+ camaro water pump will work on a truck accessory, ect. These are just the things I've seen and done, so I don't have all the answers for which work and don't with each other.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:58 AM
bdr
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok... Let me rephrase. BTW, my stuff is going in a 3rd Gen Camaro.

I'm not going to run a/c. Just a water pump and alternator..I am also going to run a cowl hood so maybe waterpump clearance isnt an issue.

Should I stick with all truck accessories because of the cowl hood? Or should I get it all from x car ? If from car, which?
Old 04-27-2014, 11:53 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Truck accessories are all I run. Ran them in third gens with and without cowl hoods.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bdr
Ok... Let me rephrase. BTW, my stuff is going in a 3rd Gen Camaro.

I'm not going to run a/c. Just a water pump and alternator..I am also going to run a cowl hood so maybe waterpump clearance isnt an issue.

Should I stick with all truck accessories because of the cowl hood? Or should I get it all from x car ? If from car, which?
Just running a Waterpump and alternator try this with a F-body Balancer like I did here :

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...vette-lq4.html

This makes a clean and simple set up. Stan.

Quick Reply: LQ4 balancer question