Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

I need help please motor won't stay running

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I need help please motor won't stay running

This is mt first time dealing with a LS and a 6010 box so right now I don't know where my problem is. I have a 750 vac sec carb and this carb had the old 357 engine running with my lq4 I would either have to pour gas into the carb or pump the gas then the engine will start then die out then won't start back up until I do one of the two again. Any idea what is wrong or am I just missing something. Its like the engine won't stay running on its own. I bought the 6010 used so I don't know anything about the tuning if it has been set or not and another thing the box looks to be new like its never been mounted at all. I am totally confused and I need some help bad!
Old 04-24-2015, 10:38 PM
Teching In

can someone help me out with me situation please!
Old 04-24-2015, 10:50 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by uneek1976
This is mt first time dealing with a LS and a 6010 box so right now I don't know where my problem is. I have a 750 vac sec carb and this carb had the old 357 engine running with my lq4 I would either have to pour gas into the carb or pump the gas then the engine will start then die out then won't start back up until I do one of the two again. Any idea what is wrong or am I just missing something. Its like the engine won't stay running on its own. I bought the 6010 used so I don't know anything about the tuning if it has been set or not and another thing the box looks to be new like its never been mounted at all. I am totally confused and I need some help bad!
will it stay running if you idle it up? Vacuum leaks?
Do you have a performer RPM intake? One of the four bolt holes for box mounting is often a source. Plugged or used the vacuum source at rear of the carb usually a 3/8" hose goes to a PCV or Power brakes.

Sounds more fuel related than spark from your description. I would be looking over the fuel system and checking for consistent flow to carb. Check float adjustment. Only reason for it to cut off is it is either losing fuel or spark.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The stunningman
will it stay running if you idle it up? Vacuum leaks?
Do you have a performer RPM intake? One of the four bolt holes for box mounting is often a source. Plugged or used the vacuum source at rear of the carb usually a 3/8" hose goes to a PCV or Power brakes.

Sounds more fuel related than spark from your description. I would be looking over the fuel system and checking for consistent flow to carb. Check float adjustment. Only reason for it to cut off is it is either losing fuel or spark.
It seems to rev/idle up really high but then shuts off. I have a victor jr intake
the rear of the carb goes too the PCV and the rear of the intake goes to the booster. I was thinking about the float if that could be the problem.

thanks for your response.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uneek1976
Which fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator are you running? Have you verified it's getting sufficient fuel? Check all your grounds

Quick Reply: I need help please motor won't stay running