Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Dyno results: Carb ASA Motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dyno results: Carb ASA Motor

Edit

Delete post

Report this post

FYI: Carb ASA Series LS1 dyno numbers

This would make a pretty decent SCCA GTA/GT2 motor in the tube frame cars for a very reasonable sum.

I had an old ASA National Tour Series LS1 laying around and a friend wanted to use it for his tube frame SCCA Camaro road race build.
He wanted to go with a carb version, so I took it to Byron Koury Racing Engines in Deland, Fl.

Byron checked the motor out and decided it was in good condition and a low hour unit so a rebuild was not necessary.

The following was done however:

* new GM LS2 type timing chain
* upgraded aftermarket pushrods
* new LS6 valve springs
* Comp Cams rocker trunion kit
* Edelbrock performer RPM intake manifold
* Holley 750 Carb
* Daytona Sensor ignition

These motors of course came with the GM .525/.525 226/236 110 lsa cam and a single stage dry sump set up. Also ATI damper and Moroso dry sump pan. Bone stock 853 heads.

On a known "STINGY" Superflow engine dyno it made the following:

434 lbs ft of torque at 3700
455 HP at 6500

At 3500 rpm it was already making 426 torque and held 400 plus until 5900.

Actually power had not fallen off at 6500, so it could have been a small bit better.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this cam in a 5.3 with milled 862 heads and a vic jr single place demon 750, I was really happy with it for what it was! I went 11.90s on motor in my 3k lb mustang with th400. I see your in Deland, I'm in Daytona beach. Express Machine in Deland has done all my machine work. Where abouts is Byron Koury located?

Quick Reply: Dyno results: Carb ASA Motor