Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

2500hd convert from efi to carb

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2500hd convert from efi to carb

Ok this might sound dumb. But I have a 2002 Silverado 2500hd. And I want to get rid of the efi and go with a carb. Truck has 6.0 in it. Can it be done? And what parts and steps would I have to do to make it work if so?
Old 04-26-2017, 08:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You buy an intake, carb, air cleaner and ignition box like the MSD 6014, unbolt the EFI intake and swap in the carb stuff. Use the stock fuel pump but plumb in a carb pressure regulator. To keep thing simple retain the factory computers to run the gauges, fans and transmission. Put a piece of electrical tape over the check engine light or find someone with HP tuner to modify the computer to program out any error codes.

If you want to ditch the factory ECM and wiring you will have a bit more work but easily doable. Lots of write ups on here.

if you want a step by step guide you are in the wrong place. The information is all here if you look.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by John LaBelle
Ok this might sound dumb. But I have a 2002 Silverado 2500hd. And I want to get rid of the efi and go with a carb. Truck has 6.0 in it. Can it be done? And what parts and steps would I have to do to make it work if so?
From this one simple post I can tell that you need to spend months at the very minimum reading up on this subject. Come back then and ask relevant questions. There are a number of legit reasons to ditch FI in favor of a carb. I doubt you currently understand any of them.

Quick Reply: 2500hd convert from efi to carb