Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Wiring for ignition, headlights etc...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring for ignition, headlights etc...

I'm in the process of putting a carbed 5.3 in my 01 mustang. This will be my first carb'd swap and domestic swap for that matter. I come from the import world. I know 240's and Honda's and ****. Different ball game here. Now what do I wire up to get power to ignition and headlights, brake lights, signals and windows? I'm not running AC or heat, will be mostly street. I appreciate any help! I hope this is the right place to post. Please move if not.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:10 AM
Launching!

I have a carb LS in my 98 Camaro and I just used the stock fuse/relay panels for headlights, brake lights, turn signals..... All the other stuff like fuel pump, gauges, alt 12v signal, nitrous..... I used a couple pre made fuse/relay panels from painless. Made it super easy.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

You know, I totally overlooked the stock fuse box. I was considering painless or arc for the fuel pump and other stuff. So what did you do just run 12-volt to your fuse box? As you can tell wiring is not my forte...
Old 05-15-2017, 09:35 AM
Launching!

I didn't even touch it. bought the car as a roller. I kept everything I needed (headlights, brakes, turn signals....) and removed all the wiring that was not necessary to me. Those circuits already had 12v to the panel right from the battery. What I'm saying is, if you pull your stock pcm and engine harness along with your engine and trans, you will still have brake lights, turn signals, headlights, interior lights... as those do not need the PCM to function. I then used a painless fuse/ relay panel for the fuel pump, nitrous, aftermarket gauges (I have no instrument cluster), and whatever extras I needed.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:49 AM
On The Tree

Greatly appreciated! Makes total sense to me now.

Quick Reply: Wiring for ignition, headlights etc...