Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Carbureted LS pulley set up... need help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbureted LS pulley set up... need help.

Ok here is the deal... I have a 1999 LS 5.3 out of a half ton truck. I had it in my 57 Chevy carbureted with the Edelbrock performer intake wit the ign control box, Edelbrock 650 carb, trick flow cam with .585 lift, stock bottom end, stainless shortie headers, it was a pretty fun set up, Blew it up the spring torching the tires off (oops) and I have since started building another, I had the truck pulley set up on the old motor, but I want to eliminate all that, my car only needs the alternator it’s, a more of a strip car, I wanted to do Camaro explosion proof balancer, and just the alternator with and electric water pump, I need some help, anyone running this setup, I need to see if my truck alternator would work, relocation brackets, and also how to set up thermostat and plumping to the radiator from electric water pump, help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'l take some pics and post them up later today.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:07 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

I put my truck alternator down low on the driver's side. Its the only accessory I run, but I also still have the truck balancer.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LQ4BU
I'l take some pics and post them up later today.
please do i would like to get this handled soon so I can get my car back up and running!
Old 06-13-2018, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still have the truck balancer on my engine, but this may help give you some ideas. I have been messing around with a few different setups over the past few years trying different ways to mount the alternator low on the passenger side. The bracket that holds my alternator is from Powermaster #897, which is actually designed for a BBchevy. The alternator is a CS121 model. I then fabbed up the steel to mount the alternator bracket to the block. I just got this all together about a week ago, and it works great. I even made some passes at the track with no issues shifting at 7000. Now that I know it works, I will try to make it look a little more appealing to the eyes and paint it. The water pump is a Meziere #WP119S. There just doesnt seem to be much of a market for lower passenger side alternator brackets. Maybe you have enough room to mount yours on the drivers side. I know there are a quite a few options for it.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:51 AM
On The Tree

http://www.ictbillet.com/ls/brackets/truck-or-ls3-camaro-crank-pulley-3-part-s/alternator-high-mount.html

http://www.ictbillet.com/ls/brackets/truck-or-ls3-camaro-crank-pulley-3-part-s/alternator-only-brackets.html
Old 06-19-2018, 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 109 Likes on 97 Posts

My set-up in progress (now finished) working decent, little belt squeal once in a while …

Quick Reply: Carbureted LS pulley set up... need help.