Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Theft Deterent Module

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Theft Deterent Module

Anybody know where the Theft Deterent Module is located on a 2001 Camaro? Thanks.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IIRC starting in '96 it's embedded in the BCM. Are you having a VATS or alarm issue?
Old 04-07-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the backstory and how it all started:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/chevrolet...ont-start.html

Now for the updates. I have it in my garage so I can work on it (whenever I get the time which to this date is none). It's up on jacks. I go to restart it and have my wife listen for the relay to click and hit the starter. The car started up normally without her hitting anything. I shut it down and started it again. Security light is constantly on.

Well, I'm not going to drive it anywhere since I have not changed anything that fixed the problem and don't want to throw money on parts until I can narrow it down as best I can.

I go to start it up again and it starts up but hesitates slightly. Security light is still on. I run it so it charges up the battery and shut it off. Couple days later, I go to start it up again and now everything is dead. Nothing, no lights, no guages moving (maybe the battery guage slightly moved). Battery is about a year and a half old.

It's like this thing is a different problem everytime I go to troubleshoot it. The only thing I can think of that links all three is something in the Security system. I would try to jump start it but there is no room to bring another car near mine. Would push it out but I live on a pretty steep driveway. Might be a good time to get one of those portable jump starter things I've been meaning to get.

Anyhow, sorry for the long story/post. I'm really confused about this thing. I'm not too knowledgeable about cars (yet I fix aircraft engines, go figure). Please help. I really need to fix this thing so my wife has her car again (God knows, it will be my luck something happens and she needs it since I work long *** hours).

Quick Reply: Theft Deterent Module