Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

z28 police interceptor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bww3588
nope...maybe lighter, but only by ~100 lbs.
That is correct, but since the drivers usually snack on doughnuts.............
Old 05-21-2009, 09:43 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MMMZ/28
Lol at all the fail in this thread.

You are so right. Why is it that every thread I have ever seen about B4C's on here is full of ignorance and stupidity? Why do people just wildly speculate about them? Why do people chime in when they don't have any first hand knowledge?

OP: It's not a Z28, it's a B4C.

BTW: Our '00 B4C had full power options. Windows, locks, driver seat, rear def. etc. etc. It was not stripped out by any means unless you count the base steering wheel and base model radio/cassette, and research has shown me that most came with the power option convenience group. And, like ~90% of them, it was an A4 trans. Think about it, cops don't want a stripped out car. They spend a lot of time in the car, they have a lot of other **** to monitor, and they don't want to crank their own windows, etc.

Ours was a Colorado Hwy Patrol Interceptor and it had ZERO power mods done to it. I even had to trim the EGR tube myself. It had an HD alternator, an engine block heater (Colorado, remember) and some holes in the dash where police equipment had been mounted The PCM tune might have been tweaked, but I doubt it. It was fairly quick for what it was, but not outside the normal range. 13.25 ET with an SLP lid, EGR tube cut, and hand ported and polished TB.

It's the Pewter one on the right...
Attached Thumbnails z28 police interceptor?-s_back_smaller.jpg  
Old 05-22-2009, 10:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Same car. Might be light weight because of no options. i.e., hardtop, roll up windows, etc.,

13.2 is a good time for a stock auto. Most run 13.4's. M6's can get into the 12's stock. Once you start modding them the auto's really shine in the 1/4.
LOL!!!! good for a stock auto??? THATS FUNNY! I ran a 13 flat at 108 and now im on my way to the 12'S with the little mods I have... I see alot of stock a4's running right with the stock m6's and I see more STOCK a4's getting in the 12's stock give or take the mph for trap times. I dont mean to turn this into a m6 vs a4 thread but I cant stand to see another a4 basher....
dont be ignorant a4's are just as capable to runs 12's stock as the m6's....
Old 05-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Teching In

my police officer friends camaro.... slower than my stock z28... nothing different power wise.... just a stock z28 (my camamro next to him..)
Old 05-31-2009, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

The only difference between a B4C and a Z (other than cosmetics, and slightly different option packages) is the B4C has the lower control arms out of the 1LE package.
From the factory, alternator, brakes, cooling system, exhaust, engine and tune are exactly the same.
I had both in 2002, and compared the build sheets. Plus, Scott Settlemire confirmed this information.

Quick Reply: z28 police interceptor?