Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Tire question(Nitto NT555 or Kumho Ecsta for 1998 Z28)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tire question(Nitto NT555 or Kumho Ecsta for 1998 Z28)

On most of my other cars I've got BF Goodrich Gforce tires. Mostly because from experience I've found them to be pretty good.

When I got my most recent Camaro, it had 17 inch ZR-1's on it with Kumho Ecstas, which I know a lot of 4th gen owners like to keep using ecstas because they're a good tire.

My question is, on this time coming up when I go to buy new tires, should I just replace them with the Ecstas again, or are Nitto NT555's better than the ecstas? Ahead of those two, I'm thinking of going with NT05's now because I keep hearing they're just great street legal grip happy tires in the dry, and moderately ok in the wet, I live in Southern California so that's not a problem. I know the nittos are a performance tire, and I still have a little problem with wheel spin with the ecstas(still a good amount of tread left on them) and that's with a stock car with nothing but eibach springs, bilstein shocks, scca panhard bar, lower control arms and a few other things. Engine has nothing done to it besides a Borla Adjustable Catback)

Obviously I'm not dropping the clutch or anything like that, but I just get a moderate amount of spin even completely stock with the minor suspension work, and want to go with whichever out of the 3 is best(g force, nt555, nt05, or ecsta)

Any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by SSkull; 06-24-2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Added in NT05's as a choice.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put on some 285/18 Toyo Proxy T1R's in the rear...never been happier. They ride nice, and they don't break traction that much. Get ready to spend some $$$$, I paid $314 ea.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:52 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guess I'll check those out too. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quick Reply: Tire question(Nitto NT555 or Kumho Ecsta for 1998 Z28)