Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

DONT sell it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All us older guys went throuugh the same things here. I sold my 98 6spd, vert like 3 weeks after my first kid was born. I swore this was the car I was keeping, it was EVERYTHING I wanted, silver, vert, 6spd and ls1...this was my 4th F-bod. So after finally getting the one I wanted in 99, having to sell it a year later didn't sit well for a long time. I finally got a 97 black vert Z, 3 yrs later and I lost my job 6 mos later. I went another 2 years without an Fbod. So here I am now with 2 fbods, 2 kids and I never gave up. My kids both love my birds. If I could get my wife to like my car then I'd be real happy. She hates my cars. Bet she'll like them better when I bring my 92 Z home!

Bottom line, if you fight for them, for you and you have the skills/education to support your hobby, then in the end you'll get what you want.

I laughed when I read the post about the guy who said his friends driving benz etc...I have the same issue. I own all my stuff though. Thing is my wife jabs me with, your car is too loud, why don't you like a car like the BMW...if I knew then what I know now.........
Old 09-04-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of my friends all have new cars, just not BMW's. I have the camaro, an 06 Caravan and a 1995 Buick century. All of them are payed for as well as all the mods on the camaro. Most people think you have to have a car payment, you dont. I try to stay around $10k for all my cars.

Most people drive there cars for 5 to 6 years. So for a 10 year period, I payed $20,000 for my cars, the other, payed between 60 and 70,000 for their cars. I just dont get it why people do this. If you know how to work on cars, its alot easier to do it this way.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've sure made a few regrets in getting rid of a few cars... This is my 3rd Fbody... I was a huge mustang fan and traded a 03 Cobra(ported blower and pullied) for a 99 Z28 that later became a trailor queen but sold it..

Quick Reply: DONT sell it!!!