Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

EBC - Electronic Brake Control Module Nightmare Revisited!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBC - Electronic Brake Control Module Nightmare Revisited!

Well after about (2) years my Electronic Brake Control module went to $hit! I tryed to call the company I purchased it from World Auto Parts Corp. And their out of business with no phone number in service. Do they have a sister or big brother company to ship the part back to for replacement if any?
I ask this forum where should I turn to now? What are my options in getting this part fixed or replaced? I think maybe a local salvage yard might be the best thing for me only they can't take the VIN number from my car and program the break control module like World auto parts did for me. So couldn't the dealership do that or not what's in the name of all things good? or bad?e
Old 09-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Any advice would be welcomed from the forum.....
Old 09-22-2010, 01:37 AM
Teching In

Maybe this forum has no in depth knowledge of the problem. I will just go to a salvage yard and pick-up a used/tested working Electronic Brake Control Module for my year/make and have the dealership re-program it based off my VIN number and that should fix the problem. I'm sure if this forum even knew then I would have already been pointed in the right direction but they clearly don't...lol If anyone ever gets stuck with this problem with their 98-02's then this is the best fix your going to find without getting tea bagged from a GM dealership for the full price. Trust me their out to screw you just like most automotive shops.

Last edited by 3dfuzion; 09-22-2010 at 07:25 AM.

Quick Reply: EBC - Electronic Brake Control Module Nightmare Revisited!