Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

IROC-Z Intake Swap this weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 02:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post IROC-Z Intake Swap this weekend.

This weekend the TPI is gone. I came across a deal I couldn't pass up and it was sort of out of the blue. I planned on ordering a HSR with the AFPR/fuel rail kit but it was going to be awhile because it all cost over $800 in the end. This didn't include the fact that I was going to buy some 24# injectors from Ford Racing which would be another $225 at least. I'm buying a couple of other parts this week before the intake swap though such as a Hypertech rotor/cap kit to replace my old stock set.

But here's the deal. I am getting the HSR (the polished version) for $450. This includes the new injectors, an alternator, fuel rail kit with AFPR, custom hoses for the HSR and a couple of other small parts. The guy selling me the HSR is also helping me uninstall my TPI and install the HSR. He's going to tune my timing/fuel pressure as much as possible without messing with the computer. The labor is free and this guy has been doing this for years.

I'm going to order a set of Hedman headers Friday and I'm going to have a shop make me a custom 3" y-pipe with one single 3" or maybe 3.5" pipe coming out my rear with a dual tip. I'm getting rid of my whole exhaust even though I've got a cat-back system now. I'm getting rid of the muffler/tailpipes, the catalytic converter & it'll be just one long free flowing exhaust system. Right now I have dual exhaust but it's 2" at the exit. It's 2.5" up to the muffler, so I've got to get rid of that.

Ultimately my plans for my ride are to make it into a 383 stroker so I'm trying to keep things in line for that without doing too much outside what I need to.

P.S. I am going to get my chip tuned/burned for my utmost full potential with the HSR swap. I know I'll need to do that eventually but until then I'll be able to drive the car just fine.