Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

67 Camaro Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good. Me and my dad restored a 68 Camaro when I was about to turn 16. One of the best time periods in my life.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

This is turning out to be one very nice looking car. Great job. Me and my son's all love gettting together and working on the cars.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Launching!

Thanks! Me and my dad are having a lot of fun on this project!
Old 05-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Launching!

Wow man, I really like the color combo you guys picked. It looks great!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tampa_97_SS
Wow man, I really like the color combo you guys picked. It looks great!
Thanks! It was originally going to be white, but we had always wanted black. So we splurged a little with the black.

As for an update, we got the front disc brakes on and the motor set in after a little motivation. We trouble fitting the header on the driver's side and had to hammer it in a bit. We had mold the oil pan a little, also. The tranny bolted right up, though!

Maybe since I'm out of school now the car will come together quicker! We're trying not to rush, though, because we want to be happy with it and not regret doing something we shouldn't have. Either way, it's getting closer and closer!
Old 05-28-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

paint looks great! makes me want a first gen!
Old 05-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tobias05
paint looks great! makes me want a first gen!
Thanks! Go out and build one! It's a great experience.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Launching!

So it's been a while... I'm not gonna lie, I kind of forgot about this thread until tonight. So to make up for lost time, I have a few pictures!

The major difference since I was last on here is that the car is drive-able! It's about 85-90% finished and I couldn't be happier. This is has been a great learning experience.

Well, the interior is there, kind of dirty, but there. It's not completely finished. It still needs the headliner put in, the plastic for the back of the seats, new leather for the rear seats (it ripped going on ), we still have some work to do on the gauges, we are debating building a custom console that will house 3 gauges as well as cup holders and the shifter, a radio and speakers, and seat belts. Oh, and we need to clean too!

As far as the engine goes, we got the exhaust put on (I think I already posted a picture, but if not I'll add it later) and have just been tuning and tweaking to try and get it to run like we want it to. We have been through like 3 carbs to try and find the right one and I think we have finally found it. Also, we picked up a set of Holley valve covers that we are going to clean up and see how they look on the car. They're bright orange now but they will probably end up being black and silver.

Here is a couple pictures of when we first got it rolling. We just painted the rally wheels for the time being (keep reading to see what it rolls on now ).

Old 01-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Launching!

As for the new wheels, I went back and forth many times on a few different sets of wheels and tires, and finally found these...

They are Boss 338 18x8 all the way around with BFG G-Force tires (245 up front and 275 out back). I absolutely love these wheels! I wanted the "torque thrust" looking wheel but I like how these have a smooth lip instead of stepped. I saw these on 50's Chevy truck at a local show and was sold on them from then on. So, here's the rims on the car! To me it changed the look of the car entirely. Let me know what you think!

These are the night we put them on. We barely pulled the car out in time to get pictures.

The backspacing is nearly perfect! Front and rear!

Here are a few of pictures from my dad's phone that he took the next day.

All comments are welcome! Even if you don't like something we are doing, let me know! I can handle it... But keep in mind this is a budget build. I splurged a little on the wheels because it was my dad's father's day present but other than that we are trying to keep expenses down.

Thanks for looking! (I won't forget about the thread next time)
Old 01-31-2012, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Car looks good man. Looking at the pics bring back memories when my dad did his 67.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Adam L
Car looks good man. Looking at the pics bring back memories when my dad did his 67.
Thanks! I know I will look back on all the great memories of this build when I get older...
Old 02-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Teching In

looking good!.........stay on and don't give up. it took me 10yrs to finish my 67rs....but its a done deal now.........so now i am working on a 02 z-28. keep up the good work ...it will be worth it.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lls1nut
looking good!.........stay on and don't give up. it took me 10yrs to finish my 67rs....but its a done deal now.........so now i am working on a 02 z-28. keep up the good work ...it will be worth it.
We have been working on this one steady for about 5 years and haven't given up yet!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

i didn't go past the first page./....the pictures at the bottom of the page, the car not even finished, and i will say that in my humble opinion that you have the best looking camaro that i've seen here so far.

WTFG dood!!!!

in fact, seeing the pics on this last page...i am a jealous person. that is one friggin BEAUTIFUL car sir.

Quick Reply: 67 Camaro Build