Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Traction control option

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction control option

I'm in the market for a 4th Gen SS. I found a 100% stock SS, but when I was checking the car out it did not have the traction control button on the center console next to the fog lights button. Do SS's come from the factory with traction control or was it an option?

Edit: Heres the link to the CL ad....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/2191853093.html
Old 02-01-2011, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

its an option.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

option that i don't have.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

What did Chevy use to fill the switch hole on the cars without TC? I have a foglight switch but no foglights, so I wouldn't mind finding a button delete plate, or whatever the case may be.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mercutio
What did Chevy use to fill the switch hole on the cars without TC? I have a foglight switch but no foglights, so I wouldn't mind finding a button delete plate, or whatever the case may be.
It's just a plastic layer over that area.

OP, get down on your knees and face Mecca... give thanks that you don't have to deal with the ASR option.

I had ASR in my first Camaro, and the first thing I used to do after starting the car was disable it. I found that it would kick in at times you would NOT want it interfering with your driving, and at times you might need some ridiculous option, it wouldn't help at all. I do know that SLP makes an ASR reversal modual, which sets the default to "off" when you start the car. Me, I'm the kind of guy that doesn't want any new technology crap making decisions for me. People got around forty years ago without this garbage, and I would rather an uncomplicated, straight forward setup, as opposed to ninety different controls dictating when my foot can actually control the engine.

Thankfully, my current SS has only the fog lights on that panel..
Old 02-13-2011, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

What would be involved in a proper ASR delete? By proper, I mean a complete de-option as if the car had left the factory without ASR.

Quick Reply: Traction control option