Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

1995 LT1 question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 LT1 question.

ok, i have a 383, stock heads & intake, comp cams 306. i have a Dynospark ignition with MSD cap, MSD 6al box.

ok here is my problem. i have the motor in and everything hooked up. i hit the key fuel pump comes alive, fuel pressure gauge reads 41 psi, fuel to the rail, turn key to start position and it (the motor) comes alive and immediately dies. then crank agian and motor turns over but hits every 3rd reveloution. let it sit for 20 mins and it does the same thing over agian hits and dies. i have all the ground wires hooked up. all power supplies are hooked up. pc harnesses are hooked correctly. with the key on im getting power to 1 side of injector plug. no pulse to injectors. the only wires i disconnected was the msd wires (factory harness spliced to msd 6al box to msd coil).. ok i cannot find the msd wiring diagram that shows me the "hillbilly" hookup to make sure its right. i did not buy the msd adapter wire i had just spliced them in.

the cam timing sprocket, and crank sprocket is dot to dot. facing each other.

i honestly dont know where to start. any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated
Old 06-01-2011, 04:40 PM
-M-

Originally Posted by GITSUM95Z
i did not buy the msd adapter wire i had just spliced them in.
you spliced in what in?
Old 06-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Teching In

7 years ago i installed the msd 6al box. the msd diagram i had at the time showed which color coded wires to connect to each other. like, white to orange, or pink to white. i just went through a engine swap and i had done the abs delete, and wire delete to clean up the engine bay. i had disconnected the msd 6al box from factory harness to re route them and was wondering if i had gotten the wires crossed when i hooked them back together. i do not have that diagram anymore and i cant find it on msd's site.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Teching In

OK UPDATE... i talked to a MSD Tech and the msd wiring is right. so just to make sure i was getting spark i went to all 8 terminals and when i turn the motor over im definetly getting spark at the plug. SO MY ? im not getting injector pulse. i get fuel all the way to the injectors but they are not squirting. any suggestions, any info would help please!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:14 PM
-M-

sounds like you need to see if your wiring for injectors are good. if the PCM is sending the signal and the injectors wont squirt your issue is between the two.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Teching In

does the optical eye inside the distributer have any thing to do with the computer fuel injector timing and or pulse??? im wondering if it may not be reading the spark.

Quick Reply: 1995 LT1 question.