Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

2000 z28 acting funny

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 z28 acting funny

Alright guys, so... I just got long tube headers and a 3 inch borla cat back installed on my car about 3 weeks ago and its been fine since then. Those are only mods on car besides cold air intake and its untuned. Also, its an A4 It rained pretty hard yesterday for the first time since they were installed (for the first time in months actually, damn Texas) and now its been acting weird.

When i start my car, everything is fine. I can drive it for a couple minutes no problem. Then when i stop for a stop sign or stop light, it starts lobing really slow like its going to shut off. When i step on the gas, it labors to move. I have to step on it alot just to get the rpms over 2k. Its very unresponsive and smells like its burning extra rich (it smells rich anyways cause egr has been capped and no cats) but this is extra extra rich. Then after a few more minutes of that kind of driving, it snaps back to normal until i turn it off.

Would a tune do the trick?

A little help?
Old 07-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Launching!

had the same problem. how are your o2s lenghtened to reach the new location? sounds like the wires for them are getting wet, esp if you have home made ones.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say it was the 02's also or a loose wire going to them or something else u may have unplugged and the plugged back in and did not make a good connection !!A Tune always Helps but it should run fine w/ out one !
Old 07-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Teching In

I was thinkin o2s also. Think I need some new ones. Last night the car started running fine again though. Weird. Thanks for the help
Old 07-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Teching In

turns out EGR on top of intake was leaking, got it capped better, thanks guys

Quick Reply: 2000 z28 acting funny