Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED: Would you buy this camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

correct me if im wrong but wouldnt looking at used high mileage(100k-150k) car thats been modded throw a red flag. i mean why would someone mod there car in the first place?
probably to race it or beat the **** out of it, def not for a daily reliable driver no?

Originally Posted by regecide
Not a chance. For the same price you could find a z28.

Have you checked out craigslist in your area?

Around here 93-98 v6's go for 2k all day and in good shape and half of them are modded.

Paying twice the price for half the car.

great advice

Originally Posted by ls1ya
I wouldnt. Theres a firebird with a 150k for 2500 around the corner from me..
overprice by how much? KBB is saying its worth around $3600-$3700.

I did pull a carfax.. its clean title ,2 owners, no accidents etc..

Originally Posted by Jasons50
I would consider looking for something else, 96 V6 131kmiles seems to be overpriced. Try talking them down on price,get a Carfax, and buy what you like. Goodluck. Example my brother has a 2000 model v6 camaro has around 80k miles sold it for 5000. Never wrecked/damaged or anything.
guys keep em coming im seriously considering, might even drive out there this sun

got them down to 3k

did your burn any oil, is that normal, with that many miles what else would you pay attention too?

Originally Posted by Double-aught_Z/28
I just sold my 96 3.8 for about that price. It had 142k and ran like a champ. So I'd say it could be a reasonable deal. Teen owner isn't always a bad thing. I got my 96 when I was 16 and drove it right up until I got my Z28 this summer. I took immaculate care of it; better than most adult owners.

Now you could probably find a Z28 in that same price range. All depends what you want. Z28 will be more fun, but the 3.8 is still quick with good gas mileage.

I'd say if it's what you want, go look at it, check it out thoroughly, and get a feel for the owner. If you like it, there's nothing wrong, and she seems honest and caring for the car, then go for it.
echo echo echo..236 views later, anybody else??
Old 09-18-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

still wouldn't waste the time, and if you are on a budget, borla exhaust wouldn't be my first choice either....

as far as modded and red flags, if you want a car that hasn't had the stuffing driven out of it, buy an old man's buick......
Old 09-18-2011, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NumbNutz00
...she says the car is in great condition(wash once a week) reliable, and has never been into an accident or given here any problems.also did the carfax and its verified. only thing she mentioned was the engine was burning little oil and she puts little in between oil changes...
Something is wrong. It could be a small problem, or it could be a sign of bigger problems in the future. Id stay away from it.

whats the big difference between the z28 vs rs? specs, maintenance cost, reliability, problems, mileage etc..? this is for a daily driver and im kinda tight with money this month. also how much would it cost to buy and install a borla dual exhaust if i decided to buy a base model?
Maintenance is gonna be very similar, reliability goes to the z28. Lt1s can be beat, abused, etc., and still last forever. Gas mileage goes to the v6 by only a slight margin. Mileage to the lt1 once again, mine almost has 200k and still runs strong.

Originally Posted by regecide
Not a chance. For the same price you could find a z28.

Have you checked out craigslist in your area?

Around here 93-98 v6's go for 2k all day and in good shape and half of them are modded.

Paying twice the price for half the car.
agreed

correct me if im wrong but wouldnt looking at used high mileage(100k-150k) car thats been modded throw a red flag. i mean why would someone mod there car in the first place?
probably to race it or beat the **** out of it, def not for a daily reliable driver no?

great advice
Small bolt ons like those doesnt mean they were beat. Completely depends on the owner.

overprice by how much? KBB is saying its worth around $3600-$3700.

I did pull a carfax.. its clean title ,2 owners, no accidents etc..
Dont trust kelly blue book. Id look at NADA instead, but even then, just cus those websites give a price, doesnt mean thats what people are paying for said car. Even craigslist is more accurate to find out what a car is really worth.

Originally Posted by OutlawDrifter
still wouldn't waste the time, and if you are on a budget, borla exhaust wouldn't be my first choice either....

as far as modded and red flags, if you want a car that hasn't had the stuffing driven out of it, buy an old man's buick......
outlaw is right, you said you want the v6 cus youre on a budget, yet you got money to mod it? Borlas are too expensive to be put on a tight budget v6 camaro.

I would skip on that deal, and wait a little longer for a nice lt1 camaro or trans am. You wont regret it. Let us know what you decide on.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

i wouldnt buy it, like everyone else is saying just find a lt1, i bought mine for under 1500 and ive only got about 3600 into it total, better deals are out there and IMHO V8's are better than a V6, and the gas milage is very close to one another! Good luck in your choice though!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:11 PM

finally! thanks guys. what about this one, it older but the z28..

Selling my 93 Chevrolet Camaro Z28. 6 speed stick shift. Drives 100% Clean and clear title on my name on hand. Has exactly 120,020 miles. Has MSD ignition, cold air intake, full exhaust system with 3"pipes, removable crash cage, component speakers, rockford 4channel amp, pioneer mp3 head unit, HID lights and remote entry alarm system. Has working air conditioning and new clutch...Needs no work...
Attached Thumbnails URGENT ADVICE NEEDED: Would you buy this camaro?-z28.jpg   URGENT ADVICE NEEDED: Would you buy this camaro?-z282.jpg  
Old 09-18-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

finally! thanks guys. what about this one, it older but the z28..

Selling my 93 Chevrolet Camaro Z28. 6 speed stick shift. Drives 100% Clean and clear title on my name on hand. Has exactly 120,020 miles. Has MSD ignition, cold air intake, full exhaust system with 3"pipes, removable crash cage, component speakers, rockford 4channel amp, pioneer mp3 head unit, HID lights and remote entry alarm system. Has working air conditioning and new clutch...Needs no work...
its kinda hard to know if its a good deal unless you see it in person and try it out. It kinda looks good though. Ask the owner what brand intake and exhaust it has, and if it has any leaks. Mainly to get an idea if hes an honest person, or just making things up. Whats his asking price?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Zlow28
its kinda hard to know if its a good deal unless you see it in person and try it out. It kinda looks good though. Ask the owner what brand intake and exhaust it has, and if it has any leaks. Mainly to get an idea if hes an honest person, or just making things up. Whats his asking price?
thanks for your input, i appreciate every word. he listed at 4400 lol..i got him at 3k. claims the car drives new also shouldn't the crash cage throw a flag..
Old 09-18-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

it would, if the car had slicks or a cam or some major mods. But on a stockish car, it just seems kinda weird or ricey. For 3k id definately go check it out though. Keep us updated.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Zlow28
it would, if the car had slicks or a cam or some major mods. But on a stockish car, it just seems kinda weird or ricey. For 3k id definately go check it out though. Keep us updated.
even if the guy raced it in the indy500 i dont think he would be listing the car on craigslists with slicks on it, looking at it tomorrow, will keep you guys posted, thanks for the advice

Quick Reply: URGENT ADVICE NEEDED: Would you buy this camaro?