Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

help. 98 ss convert..lots of stuff

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help. 98 ss convert..lots of stuff

first of all it a 98 ss with 104xxx miles but belive its been babbied........ill post pis tomarro but for tonighit i really need help... the car is stock bone stock but i want to upgradepower wise.... got about 10k to spend anthats it in read trans cooler turbo umm cam heads all that but i dont kno were to start any help would go a very far way ive been searching for advicefor like a month now so plez be nice im not here to fight an fuss with anyone just lookingfor help thang gabe jr cc tx.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Launching!

10k to spend that is plenty! Id go with a LSA Comp Cam, I went with a 223/231 610 617 which is a fairly aggressive cam but street friendly. Call Comp Cam they will set you up for a good build, you will also need new valve springs lifters and pushrods. Comp Cams will hook you up with all of that. PRC 2.5 LS6 heads are good head to go with for your bang for your buck. There are betters heads out there, but I think the PRC heads are plenty good. Go to Texas-speed.com they will be able to help you out. Also with Heads and Cam swap, your gonna wanna change out your oil pump and timing change. LS2orLS6 timing chain. Also with a Heads/Cam swap get a Valve train swap kit from Texas-speed it will hook you up with every thing you need for the swap, gaskets and head bolts and all. If your running a Automatic trans your gonna need to change the Stall converter(with the agressive cam), I went with YANK 3600 stall(definely go with Yank) I paid a grand for the 3600 stall. Your gonna need a tranmission cooler with the stall. B&M 70274 is a good one to go with, if not you will fry your tranny with that stall. Intake Manifold-there is couple good options to go with either LS6 intake manifold or F.A.S.T 102mm intake manifold I went with. The fast 102mm is good you got the option to go with the 90mm,92mm,or 102mm throttle body. I went with the 92mm amazing throttle response and the best 1300bucks I spent. Changing out the intake manifold might as well upgrade your fuel system. Go with the fast fuel rails, fast fuel injectors, Racetronics fuel pump and change out your fuel filters. (if you go with the fast intake manifold, there are somethings your gonna need for the install IE coolent crossover lines and some other gaskets and ****, google "how to install fast intake manifold" the instructions will tell you ever thing you need for your install. I say this because it will save you some time on the install order everything at once DO YOUR RESEARCH AND ASK QUESTIONS!). Headers- if money is not an issue I would go with kooks long tube headers and true duels all the back. My build I went with Pacesetter Longtubes with TSP Y-pipe and SLP Loud mouth I cat back exhaust. That was about a grand for headers all the way back. Kooks headers with the true duel is about three grand. But I think the pacesetter set up is PLENTY GOOD insure you go with ceramic coated headers to keep as much heat out of the engine bay as possible, there are plenty of good header cat back set ups out there, pacesetter is definely the common one most bang for your buck. Cold air induction- I went with the SLP cold air induction kit, around 400 bucks. that was my first upgrade, along with SLP loud mouth I cat back. good throttle response gain. There are other options out there K&N. SLP most definely amazing up grade. Roughly around 9grand later and a good tune you will be putting around 400+420 HP good luck hopefully it helped out! MY BUILD-(SLP loud mouth I catback, Pacesetter Longtube headers, TSP Y pipe. SLP COLD AIR INDUCTION. FAST 102mm intake manifold&FAST92mm throttle body, Fast fuel rails/injectors Racetronics fuel pump. LSA CompCAM 223/231 610 617, PRC LS6 2.5 heads, TSP hardned pushrods, Comp Cam value spring/lifters TSP oil pump. B&M tranny cooler, YANK 3600 Stall. BSM dyno tune Honolulu, Hawaii. 99CAMAROSS HUGGER-ORANGE 1OF375
Old 11-24-2011, 07:26 AM

I appreciated the advice but wat about a turbo set up would I have to change out a bunch of stuff or would that be an easy way to hit four to four fifty rwhp.. cause to be honest I've read that the sts turbos will suposably give u 140to 180 rwhp off tops........ Curious............ And wheels I wana do the offset deep dish type set up but I don't kno were to begain... Right now it has the zr1 silver coated 17s which are nice ... But I wand maybe 18s front 19s rear... Would they fit if I drop the car one inch in backand 2 inches in front

Last edited by camaroking13; 11-24-2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: misspell