Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

How bout those second gens!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 12:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I'm on this thread, I may as well update the changes in my build since I last posted. Welp, I've decided to change pretty much EVERYTHING!

Iron 5.3 out of '00 Silverado.

Ed Curtis ported 243 heads paired with an Ed Curtis custom grind cam.

TVS 2300- To do this, I'm going to swap out the whole truck accessory drive for the accessories off an '04 GTO Ls1. This will allow me to run the blower with a side-mounted jackshaft vs. the one that goes through the snout. I like the look much better and this way I won't be restricted on how I run my air intakes.

I plan to run this car on e85 at no more than 12 #s of boost, and hope to make somewhere around 700whp/tq. No matter the power I end up getting, it will be more than enough for my butt dyno. In my situation, however, less might actually be better than more as I didn't do a whole lot of strengthening to other crucial components. One thing that hasn't changed is my transmission. I'll be using an m12 T56 out of the same '04 GTO. These transmissions are said to hold 700hp. I'm sure that number was measured at the flywheel so I'm already flirting with that line. Plus, I'm doing this on an otherwise stock motor. No forged internals...just a cam and some ARP head studs.
Initially, I said I was going to run the driveshaft out of an '01 T/A, and modify it if need be, and the rear out of that same car. Then you guys told me to run the 8.5 already in it. My new solution is the IRS 8.8 out of an Explorer with its 3.73 gears, 31 spline axles, and disc brakes. Simple, strong, perfect for my application... I will also be getting a custom driveshaft built for it. Most likely a 3" from Driveshafts Unlimited local to me. I'd think about having DSS make it for me, but I don't trust my measurements enough for that, so I will just trailer the car to the local shop.
I have my motor. I have my heads. I have my transmission. I have the wiring harness from PSI Conversions. I need to go pick up my rear end and get that all mocked up so I can have the driveshaft made. Then, it's time to get the blower, cam, and fuel system (which I really haven't thought much about). Just waiting on the blower money to roll in...

Last edited by thehazz12; 07-24-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 70 1/2 RS

Old 04-24-2013, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The 72 has changed a little sense my last post. Just some interior upgrades and a few custom touches under the hood. Im in the middle of an intake and cam swap right now. I will post up some pics next week sometime.
MORE SECOND GENS ON THE THREAD, PLEASE!!!! LOL

Quick Reply: How bout those second gens!!!!!