Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Camaro vs GTO

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 11:35 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by silver04goat
I guess so. Im getting older (36) so i guess i like the family sports car so to speak. Ten yrs ago maybe i would have been die hard fbody who knows. Pros and cons to both cars just depends on what your looking for now and in the future i guess
One is allowed to enjoy both

For those of us who started driving f-body's at 16, it's more of a curse to have been spoiled with no-nonsense rawness.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GTO's are definitely more of a luxury car than a muscle car. I think the GTO is the happy medium between the F-body and the G8/CTS-V.

I also think that GTO's have a bit more character than F-bodies, given the color combinations and rarity, but that's just me.

If you want a race car, F-body. If you want a quick/comfortable street car, Trying to make one hang with an F-body in the 1/4 will only make you depressed.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its all personal preference. my daily driver doesn't have a lot of creature comforts, it's not new, and has a personality all its own. my z28 has all the creature comforts, ac, cruise, etc....but, when i stomp on the loud pedal, it unleashes a fury that dates back to the 60s.

when i want comfort, i get in my wifes vehicle with heated leather, dual zone climate control, etc.....but, thats just not me. i enjoy cars that require constant attention, aren't economical/practical, and i have yet to put fuel into my el camino without somebody coming over to talk about it.

do what you want to do, and what fits for your style...that's the most important thing! would i love to have a new pickup, sure....would i enjoy it as much as my el camino or a 79 c10 short-wide....probably not.

Quick Reply: Camaro vs GTO