Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

1981 yenko turbo z

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1981 yenko turbo z

Does anyone know the hp on these because I searched the internet and all I found was the same damn quote from yenko about low comp ratios unleded gas , and one about 14 second q miles yada yadaaa....anyone have a number orrrrrr is it a huge camaro wide mystery such as I ; in my drunken state suspects?...
Old 04-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Hey man, you can check out yenko.net and try posting on their forums to see if anyone their knows anything. This is all I could find.

1981 Yenko "Turbo Z" Camaro
Number produced:
4 speeds: 0

Autos: 19

Total: 19
RPO #s ordered:
1FP87

Z-28 sport coupe This included a special ducted hood, special shocks/springs, HD stabilizer bars, dual exhaust, power disc brakes (front), and body colored 15x7" wheels with white-lettered tires. The base engine/trans for the Z-28 was the LG4 (305ci/165hp) and 4-speed wide range transmission. All '81 Yenko Camaros started out as Z-28 cars.
LM1 Engine, V8; (350ci/175hp) The 350ci V-8 was optional with the Z-28, but mandatory on all Yenko Turbo Zs.
Engine code:

D5B = automatic
MX1 Transmission, automatic; THM350c This was the mandatory transmission on the Z-28.
Rear end code:

PW = 3.08, posi
Transmission code:

Y1xxx = THM350c
Yenko options: Stage I T.I. Turbocharger, autmoatic transmission, Stage I wheels, Turbo Z graphics. The Stage I package was standard equipment on all '81 Yenko Camaros, but all factory options (except sunroof) are available, as well as any of the Stage II options..
Stage II Same as Stage I, plus: fully adjustable Kamp leather seats, leather competition steering wheel, Turbo Z special floor mats, Koni shock absorbers, modified stabilizer bars, modular wheels, and Goodyear Wing-foot tires. Along with the Stage II package, all factory options (except sunroof) were available.
Colors ordered:

Turbo Black Turbo Blue Turbo Brown Turbo Red Turbo Silver Turbo White
After the insurance companies and the oil crisis hit, Yenko's high performance department cooled off a little. In 1981, Yenko decided he needed another kick--the '81 Yenko Turbo Z. This car was the last car built as the dealership changed ownership. This car has 32,000 miles and is believed to be #19. The mostly original interior, and mostly original paint and graphics are still in tact.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks man, I'll try that....I guess its hard to find these things out when they only made 19 lol

Quick Reply: 1981 yenko turbo z