Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

02 Z28 will not start(or turn over)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Z28 will not start(or turn over)

Hey guys,

I had a really weird issue today, I drove the camaro up the road to the stor this morning, no issues. I get in it to go to work, and It won't even turn over. I thought maybe it was a VATS issue, but the securtiy light is not flasing..The only thing you can here when yo turn it over is one click that sounds like a relay..All the lights come on in the dash, radio works, I have already tested the battery and it's fine..Any Ideas?
Old 10-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bigron
Hey guys,

I had a really weird issue today, I drove the camaro up the road to the stor this morning, no issues. I get in it to go to work, and It won't even turn over. I thought maybe it was a VATS issue, but the securtiy light is not flasing..The only thing you can here when yo turn it over is one click that sounds like a relay..All the lights come on in the dash, radio works, I have already tested the battery and it's fine..Any Ideas?
A single click can be a number of things. First, check the ground strap. You might have a bad connection. Secondly, check the starter relay.. you can swap them around and see if that is the fix. Otherwise, you might have a bad starter.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by maxharvard
A single click can be a number of things. First, check the ground strap. You might have a bad connection. Secondly, check the starter relay.. you can swap them around and see if that is the fix. Otherwise, you might have a bad starter.
Well , I was convinced it was the starter and I had already swapped the relays and they were good.. The battery was new but just for kicks I put a voltmeter on it and it was showing 11.5 volts.. So I learned a valuable lesson with these cars.. The relays will not function unless they are getting 12 volts or higher.. I put a new battery in it and its good as gold.. Thanks for the reply..
Old 10-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

you may have just had a bad connection at your battery.

Quick Reply: 02 Z28 will not start(or turn over)